The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cars and Trucks (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/)
-   -   What do you think I could feasibly get for my truck? (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/what-do-you-think-i-could-55494/)

Jacksmama 05-20-2010 01:33 PM

What do you think I could feasibly get for my truck?

I have a 92 Silverado Mark III. Red leather and wood interior, chrome wheels, extended cab, black with a red pin stripe down the side. 5.7 liter V8, 4 barrel holley 600 carburetor. 165 k mi. I have had A LOT done to it mechanically, new starter, alternator, battery, carburetor, rebuilt heads, distributor cap, pcv. Runs great! There is a little rust right above the rear wheel wells, but other than that and a few little dings on the rear bumper the exterior is in great condition. The headliner is falling down and the radio died, but other than that the interior is great. I LOVE this truck, its so much fun to drive, but I need something more gas efficient. When I bought it I had a Sierra S15 so gas efficiency wasn't an issue but I got T boned in it and now the Silverado is all I have.
I am not sure if I would make out better selling it out right or trading it in, any ideas? Thanks!

themacpack 05-20-2010 01:36 PM

Have you run it through Blue Book?
Are you needing to have it sold ASAP or able to wait a bit for it to sell?

Jacksmama 05-20-2010 01:40 PM

I would like to sell it relatively quickly but it doesn't have to be tomorrow. I have looked it up in Blue Book but they don't really have options for all the extras this truck has. It Blue books about $5k as a rough estimate, but in the current economic climate I don't know how much I could actually get.

kevinshorses 05-20-2010 01:48 PM

With the headliner falling down and the rust over the wheelwells I think your looking at closer to the $2500-3000.

themacpack 05-20-2010 02:06 PM

I agree with Kevin. What condition did you use when you ran the blue book? Most people use a higher condition than what the vehicle is actually rated at, which leads to an overestimated value.

shmurmer4 05-25-2010 04:09 PM

I would fix the headliner and get a cheap flashy stereo to put in it, but even we would have to see photos to get a better feel for the value of the truck.