The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Cinny had a bad morning....poor baby (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/cinny-had-bad-morning-poor-baby-55500/)

Cinnys Whinny 05-20-2010 03:29 PM

Cinny had a bad morning....poor baby

1 Attachment(s)
my sentiments exactly!!

Cinnys Whinny 05-20-2010 03:48 PM

Oops didn't get anything written before it saved lol. Anyway....

We had a vet appointment today and well my BO that can't get near my horse (don't know if you've read about her in past posts but basically she's a screamer/face slapper so Cinny hates her), anyway she decides since it's raining she would go catch my horse from the pasture and move him in to the barn for me, even though I said I was coming early to do so.

I get there and my horse is gone. I go into the barn and there his is standing quietly in the stall and there is my BO looking like a muddy wet rat cussing and swearing at him. Apparently she walked straight up to him (even though her idol Clinton Anderson says that's not how you catch a horse) and as soon as she touched him he reared up and bolted as if she had got him with a cattle prod. He had her chasing him for half an hour in the mud and rain until she was furious, THEN he walked up and gently put his head in the halter ha ha.

She lectured me about how I'm "too easy" on the horse and blah blah blah. Well he does EVERYTHING I ask him too, behaves, stands, ties, clips, lunges, bathes and when I enter his pasture he comes running towards me when I whistle. So um, what is there to discipline? How is it that I am being to easy on him when he does what I want. She wanted me to take him to her round pen and "run the *%@*&^) out of him" which I refused to do because 1) it was after the fact and 2) her round pen is so small he gets major anxiety in it and 3) duh it's raining and the round pen was ankle high in slippery mud!

So anyway, the vet comes and he decides to sedate him so he can get a good feel for his teeth as I wasn't sure if he still has wolf teeth or not (the lady I bought him from said she couldn't remember if they were removed or not). The first shot did NOTHING so we waited 15 minutes to make sure and then he got a second which almost floored him (poor kid). Anyway no wolf teeth but he had 2 broken/sharp teeth. One was in the upper jaw where my BO slapped him that first day that set him off so bad (wonder why with a busted too).

So now his teeth are all smooth, and he had his shots, and all his itchy spots were looked over and it was determined that he has no physical reason to be itching, so we think at this point it's a bad habit. I baby sat him until he could stand normally and then walked him into a stall. I need to go back in a few hours to take him to his pasture so that the BO doesn't try to do it herself.

Poor guy had a bad day. 2 more weeks till we move to the Equestrian Center and away from the BO my baby hates, yay!

Erin_And_Jasper 05-20-2010 04:16 PM

poor guy!!! when i had the dentist out the tried to twitch one on my horses' Ears... needless to say i didnt let them do that. glad his teeth are all better. and if i were you id talk to my BO and tell them to not hit my horse, to "punish" them the way i wanted

Cinnys Whinny 05-20-2010 04:42 PM

She doesn't hit him anymore, she doesn't usually do much with him because NORMALLY she can't even get within 6 feet of him. Why she tried this morning is beyond me.

Carleen 05-20-2010 06:08 PM

Yikes, you're BO sounds like someone I would not want to have to deal with. Glad you're moving?

Poor boy, looks like him and I have the same tolerance for sedatives.. I went to the dentist last night and they had to re-do it 3 times before it was actually frozen. :(

When I first looked at the picture I thought the lead rope was some weird thing stuck in his tongue, like he had "pierced" his tongue accidentally or something.. lol.

Cinnys Whinny 05-20-2010 10:43 PM

OMG, I didn't even notice that. It does look like I tongue pierced my horse......oooooh so trendy ha ha.