The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Good day today. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/good-day-today-55599/)

justsambam08 05-21-2010 08:41 PM

Good day today.

Not FABULOUS, just some simple good stuff.

Ice got his feet trimmed. He did have some nasty thrush in his right hind hoof (his frog actually bled a little bit) but the farrier (who is new) just said put some DMSO and iodine on it once a day for a week, then once every other day for the second week and it should be ok. He said other than that his feet are healthy and in good shape. He was also licking and chewing the whole time, and very suck uppy to the farrier. I think he just prefers men.

Before the farrier, we had a pissing contest, and I won. He was grazing in the front yard, and I was trying to take pictures of his front foot. He didn't like the fact that I was trying to pick up his right foot, pinned his ears and gave me a nasty look, so I made noise and sent him back a few steps and it scared him a little bit. He picked up his foot fine after that. He also learned the general idea of what a sidestep was.

Then we worked on his stop/start method of being led. We played the game of "If you won't go forward you'll go back", I started stomping my feet at him and flailing the lead rope at his chest, it scared him again. He tried it three times and then led quietly.

He also ate all of his rice bran. Some of the remnants were a little sticky, but I figure that was drool.

AlmostThere 05-21-2010 09:30 PM

Sounds like a great day :D.

My back's giving me trouble, so I can't be out playing with my boy :-(.

justsambam08 05-21-2010 10:47 PM

LOL the barn puppies tried to play with him while he was grazing. It was pretty funny. He snorted at them and they ran away, but it was silly puppy running. I should have gotten a picture.

He also walked up to me when I went to bring him in (he was already turned out for the night when I got there) and his head was low and his ears were forward. For all of his bad attitude, I know he's just pretending to be a bad ass.

AlmostThere 05-22-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsambam08 (Post 640452)
For all of his bad attitude, I know he's just pretending to be a bad ass.

Shhh. Don't give away his secret :wink:.