The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Our 1st ribbon! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/our-1st-ribbon-55663/)

MyBoyPuck 05-23-2010 12:33 AM

Our 1st ribbon!

1 Attachment(s)
I did a sort-of event today. It had all 3 phases, but they were scored separately. Lucky for us because we were lack luster in dressage for a change. Instead we placed in stadium jumping, the phase that in two former attempts, we failed to even complete the course. It was kind of funny. Long story short, I got there late and had to go directly from dressage to stadium. There was a jumpoff involved and I had to ask what that meant since I've only done this twice before. Guess I figured it out cuz we got 5th place out of 12!

I put this post on the eventing forum instead of show forum because I wanted all you eventers that are ahead of me in the sport, that I think you've all been holding out on me. I did my first ever XC phase. It was just cross rails with optional hay bale jumps and stuff, but I'm still trying to find the words to describe it. It was something like WWWHHHAAAEEEEEE!! Holy cow that was so much fun! We had a little issue at the very first fence because he couldn't see down the hill on the other side, but once we were over that, he was on auto-pilot. I am so proud of how Puck handled himself. He was not completely brave, but more than willing to let me guide him through it, and he was just so proud of himself after each fence. He was so cute. It was a complete blast to do a nice forward canter around the field. Huge confidence booster for both of us and was ridiculously fun!

I looked at my video. It's almost same as last time. Leg's good, pretty **** solid actually, release is way better, still jumping ahead, but not as badly this time as evidenced by Puck jumping better with his front end. I definitely stayed more in the back seat for XC which is always good. Best yet, the jumping phases were finally completely fun again instead on wondering what might go wrong. I'm just so proud of my boy!

Strange 05-23-2010 02:38 AM

Aww congrats! It's definitely the best feeling in the world when you finally "get" something after trying so hard!

MIEventer 05-23-2010 10:04 AM

MyBoyPuck, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Great job Chickey, and welcome to the dark side *Muuuwaaa ha ha ah ha haha*

eventerdrew 05-23-2010 11:21 AM

Congrats! I KNEW you'd love XC!

speedy da fish 05-23-2010 11:25 AM

really well done! Puck is so inocent looking :P

StormyBlues 05-23-2010 12:10 PM

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so great! And yes, XC is the best thing in the world!!!!!

tealamutt 05-23-2010 01:04 PM

nice work! Puck sounds so much like my TB and they even look alike. He sure looks like he adores you in this picture. Congrats!

MyBoyPuck 05-23-2010 04:40 PM

Yes, Puck is a very kind soul. I absolutely adore him. I am still just do proud of him. Yesterday was only his 3rd show ever and he handled himself so well in a completely new environment. I had some issues getting up there, so we arrived about 20 minutes before my dressage ride time. Even with his lunatic mommy throwing him off the trailer, slapping a saddle on his back and jumping on within 5 minutes of being there, he took it all in stride. When we got to jumping warm up, he was like "yeah I'm good to go" in two short warm up jumps. Between classes he was happy to stand around and graze and he was equally eager to go back out and "play" again. He definitely has a prankster side to him, but yesterday he was all there. I would do anything for that horse. I think that's why I spend so much time on this forum. I know the people here feel the same way about their horses.

Tony The Pony 05-23-2010 06:34 PM

awsome job hes pretty