The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Thank you to all you Americans!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/thank-you-all-you-americans-55721/)

sarahver 05-23-2010 10:30 PM

Thank you to all you Americans!!!

Well I just wanted to say a big thank you to all you Americans in the horse community as everyone has been so welcoming and helpful, both here locally in Texas and also some of you on this forum.

It has only been a short 5 months since I moved here from Melbourne, Australia and already I am breaking horses for different people, riding trackwork for a couple of trainers, jumping at a local hunter barn and, most importantly, have my own beautiful big OTTB to train for myself (pictures to come soon). It seems that for every new person I meet, they introduce me to three others and everyone is offering work, work and more work. Too bad attaining my Masters degree gets in the way most of the year, luckily I am a super nerd and also love studying, however no comparison to working horses every day.

So, a heartfelt thank you for the welcoming spirit guys, I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a niche in the horse world over here as I wouldn't know anyone, how far from the truth that sentiment was!

-Sarah.

Speed Racer 05-24-2010 10:55 AM

Glad to hear you're settling in Sarah, and that everyone has been kind and helpful.

It doesn't hurt that you're in Texas; folks there seem to have hearts as big as their state. :-)

I've found the more rural the area, the more laid back and helpful people tend to be. I don't ever plan to move back near a city again! :wink:

sarahver 05-24-2010 11:54 AM

Well thank you for your help and advice SR, much appreciated.

Also thank you for your various posts on many of these threads, it seems you are one of the many "voices of reason" so to speak on this forum, I always enjoy reading what you have to say as it is informative, honest and more often than not will make me smile with your carefully chosen vernacular.