The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   If you had all the money you wanted, what 5 horse related items/things would you buy? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/if-you-had-all-money-you-55729/)

roro 05-24-2010 01:30 AM

If you had all the money you wanted, what 5 horse related items/things would you buy?

I thought this might be interesting, I'm hoping to see a range in answers. Adding on a 'why' would be great if you can! In order, preferably.

1. Mirrors! I need mirrors in the arenas. I know my riding would improve so much in just a few short weeks if I had mirrors, since I'm tackling an issue of tenseness in my arms. I just need to get it into my Muscle memory and then I'll be fine, but when I'm riding I'm so focused that I forget to remind myself of my position. I rode in an arena with mirrors a few times and loved it.

2. Bigger turn out pen(s). My horse just needs more space and more time out than he gets at the barn he's at, and right now I have to juggle between turning out in the outdoor arena or the mediocre turn out spaces.

3. Grass pen, so he can eat grass while I clean his stall instead of having to hand graze.

4. A dressage simulator, for my position and fun.

5. A rainbow of dressage saddle pads. That would just brighten up my day, and then I could really see what colors he does best in.

SorrelHorse 05-24-2010 01:47 AM

Mnk. Time for ze list :D

First off, I would go ahead and buy that 1.2 mill horse property they're advertising on RFD, th eone deisgned by Clinton Anderson i think. Octogonal Cutting arena, Reining arena, 32 stall barn, round pens, pastures.....trails....My heaven :D

Second, I would purchase a breeding to Smart Chic O' Lena. I love the racing/cow bred foals. You get lotsof cattiness and speed there, plus...Smart Chic O' Lena. Heeellloooo. Need I say more? ^^

Third, I would probably buy a mechanical cow or a flag. I am currently using a friend as a cow, but she's tired of being chased around by al my horses.

Fourth, I agree with the mirrors. I would lvoe to have those. Especially in my reining arena....It would be soo nice :)

And fifth, a sound system for my reining arena. I need to be able to practice my freestyles, and my ipod amp isn't cutting it!

roro 05-24-2010 01:49 AM

Curses. The more I think about it the more I want. I want my dream property with all the facilities how I like them, a barn full of good horses, and a sound system in the indoor arena. Money can't buy happiness. Psh! :twisted:

wild_spot 05-24-2010 01:50 AM

1. Campdraft sized arena with good, all weather footing, and proper blacked out fences. I hate dressage arenas as there isn't room to just put them into a canter and keep going, or get up a good gallop. Plus I could actually practice campdrafting!

2. Stables with an indoor tack room. We have nowhere out of the weather to put the horses, and our tack shed is an old silo - hence all our gear is full of spiderwebs and dust. Oh, and a hot water wash bay - We have a hose next to a dam :]

3. A private ASh certified coach/trainer. There are NO ASH certified coaches in my area so i am sorely lacking in proper coaching for my event of choice.

4. My saddle maker on call and with a never ending tab - Custom made saddles for each horse I ride.

5. An amber champagne, 14.2h, ASH mare, with great breeding, great looks, great ability, and a great temperament. Yeah right :]

wild_spot 05-24-2010 01:52 AM

Oh, duh - A house so I can live where my horses are and not be limited when I ride :]

And a mechanical cow in my campdraft arena, plus a full mob of either black angus or hereford calves to practice with...

kevinshorses 05-24-2010 02:01 AM

A Dale Harwood fully tooled Wade tree saddle. A set of Luis Ortega romal reins paired with a vintage Garcia bit. A years worth of private lessons from Martin Black or Buck Brannaman (both roping and horsemanship). A several months long tour of ranches and horse operations in other parts of the world (Argentina, Australia and South Africa in particular but the list is long)

dedebird 05-24-2010 02:25 AM

...ok if you had all the money you wanted why stop at 5 things.. but oh well lol here is my list
1. a horse named thistle shes the best horse in the world <3
2. a big piece of land with a nice barn trails and a house so i can live with my horses a nice indoor tack room and indoor and huge out door arena my dream piece of land and a big grassy turn out ring
3. a saddle maker with a never ending tab that equals custom made saddels for all horses
4. a never ending stash of food for the horses
5. a never ending vet tab that equals healthy horses

justsambam08 05-24-2010 09:01 AM

1) A truck and trailer. It doesn't have to be fancy, but since there's no financial limit, I might as well be able to live in the living quarters of that trailer on a regular basis.

2)Property in North Carolina. Something out kind of in the boonies like around where my grandparents live, there's lots of wooded areas and trails that I would just love to get my hands on. And they have grass! Ice would be a fat TB.

3)A years worth of lessons/training in some sort of discipline. Any discipline. I think I like dressage for Ice, to get him working with his body, and maybe EQ for me? Oh, and I'd have to throw in some desensitizing training for him too, so we can do the trail courses and maybe short endurance runs.

4)I'm never have to worry about buying feed again!

5)Brand new high quality tack. I don't know by which company yet, but I would try them all to find out!

Speed Racer 05-24-2010 09:29 AM

Unlimited funds?

1.) There's a 793 acre property about a mile from me that's up for sale. If I had $4,000,000.00 (yes, 4 MILLION) lying around, I'd buy it.

It has one 'main' house with all the amenities, and several that need some work, but could be guest houses.

It's all fenced in woven wire, has a huge quonset hut for hay storage, multiple barns, and all the tractors, balers, and other toys you need for an acreage that large.

I'd turn the property into a riding vacation spot. There's a lot of open pasture land, as well as wooded areas. It would make a fine place for people to bring their horses and ride.

2.) A humongous new truck and trailer. Trailer would have LQ, so the horses and I could travel and stay in style.

3.) All brand name, custom made, new leather tack. I'd like some English CCs, as well as a few Tucker Endurance/Plantation saddles with English rigging.

4.) I'd go searching for that perfect black & white pinto I've always wanted. Since money is no object, I could buy whatever struck my fancy, regardless of the price.

5.) On my 793 acre place, I'd have several indoor arenas and covered arenas put up, as well as a hot walker, and therapy pool for the horses.

Yes, it's nice to dream, but I'm grateful for my little 5 acre farmette, 12 y/o truck, 35 y/o horse trailer, and my barn made from a converted garage. I'm luckier than a lot of people, and know it.

Gillian 05-24-2010 10:48 AM

1. Truck and trailer.
2. At LEAST 15 acres.
3. House with pool.
4. 10-15 stall barn.
5. Two big pastures, a dressage ring, and a jump field.

:D