Going on a Tack Shopping Spree Soon... What Will I Need?
I'm going tack shopping soon to get the rest of what I need for my new horse.
I Already Have:
All Necessary Riding Clothes
Grooming Stuff (But I want New Ones... They're like 4 years old)
I Plan on Getting:
Some more Gloves (I always loose them!)
Brushes + Curry Combs
Some More Saddle Pads (I'm addicted to them)
Am I missing anything else?
That looks good but I like to have a few extra things just in case
Just in Case
Extra lead rope -just in case yours breaks
Vet wrap -just in case your horse gets hurt and you need to treat in until the vet can come out
Hoof Pick -just in case...well not really just in case but because, trust me, you WILL loose yours just when you need it most
A big sponge -so you don't have to spray her face with water when washing her, and for then you need to just get the sweat off her sides and don't wanna break out the hose and give her a full bath
A big clean water bucket -to use to sponge bath her to get all the sweat off after you ride, or to use for warm water if you have to wash out a cut or scrape
That is all I can think off for now.
Thanks! I will add those to my list. :)
It is always a good idea to have your own emergency vet kit.
Emergency Vet Kit:
- Betadine (an iodine-based) scrub
- Hibitane (or comparable "polysporin" for horses)
- 1 roll of gauze
- 2 rolls of vet wrap
- 2 diapers or sanitary napkins (work wonders as bandages!)
- gauze sponges and pads
- 1-2 pairs of rubber gloves
- scissors (special bandage cutting ones like http://www.jomoson4.co.uk/shop/image...handed_TCs.jpg are awesome)
- rubbing alcohol
- thermometer (with string on the end!)
- a few 30 to 60 cc sterile syringes (great for administering oral medications or flushing out a wound with warm water and betadine)
- clean towel
- sponges (big and small)
- small flashlight (great for when you need extra light to check something out, or in a hard-to-light area of the horse)
- notebook and pen (to keep track of horse care such as vaccinations and deworming, as well as to keep track of vitals when an emergency arises)
- duct tape
Odds & Ends:
- It's always a good idea to have an extra halter and lead around. I keep an extra in my tack locker and another in my car.
- Show sheen or Vetrolin shine or Power sheen.. basically a shine and detangler
- Extra hoof picks - again, I keep a spare in my car!
- Braiding elastics (I love braiding.. haha)
- Leg wraps/boots
- Fly veil (I love the looks of them!)
Hope that helps.
Thanks! I think my barn probably supplies the little vet things, but I might buy some and keep them in my locker/trunk (when I get the trunk...)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.