The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Think Like a Pony (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/think-like-pony-55898/)

SophieHarvey 05-26-2010 09:35 AM

Think Like a Pony

Hey everyone!

My name's Alice and I'm new to the forum. I ride a 16 hh Andalusian and we train through the Think Like a Pony method!

Has anyone heard of this before? It's fantastic! Thunder and I have learnt so much through it and it's so fun. It's all about building a relationship on the ground and then translating your communication to the saddle. Thunder and I event together and it has made such a difference. He's now not scared in new environments and we're doing so much better under saddle.

There's a demonstration at Bishop Burton College on the 12th of June that I'm going to to see Lynn Henry from Think Like a Pony in action. Is anyone else going?

Love Alice xx

Jolly Badger 05-26-2010 02:38 PM

I've never even heard of it. . .

Speed Racer 05-26-2010 02:44 PM

Psst, Jolly, I think this noob may be nothing more than a spambot, trying to sell her obscure training method.

Besides, why would I want my horses to think like ponies? Ponies are evil!!!

kevinshorses 05-26-2010 02:49 PM

If my horses think like ponies then I won't be horseman enough to ride them. I HATE ponies.

MN Tigerstripes 05-26-2010 02:50 PM

*shudders*

The LAST thing I want is for Soda to start thinking like a pony! Could imagine a 1300lb PONY???? It's like my worst nightmare!

Gidget 05-26-2010 03:16 PM

...i like ponies....

I don't own a pony...just a small horse =D

i met some nice ponies but there are some very headstrong ones as well.

Hunter65 05-26-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 644465)
...i like ponies....

I don't own a pony...just a small horse =D

i met some nice ponies but there are some very headstrong ones as well.

LOL me too, well he is actually a hony. Nuthin wrong with ponies :-( (covers Hunters ears). Hmmm maybe if I got him to think like a horse, yeah thats it. Any nifty training ideas on that?

Speed Racer 05-26-2010 04:00 PM

Piffle, Casper's 14.2 h so is considered a pony, height wise. He's an Arabian though, so is officially a horse.

When someone says pony, I think of Shetlands and the like. The smaller the critter, the more deviant, brilliant, and evil-genius they are.

I stand by my statement that instead of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, it should be the Four Ponymen, because ponies are adorable and absolutely evil.

Gidget 05-26-2010 06:35 PM

my porse/hony is 14.2 hands....ALMOST a complete horse....

Hunter65 05-26-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 644659)
my porse/hony is 14.2 hands....ALMOST a complete horse....

We aspire to grow to 14.2. I have to stick him this week but we are hovering below 14 at the moment.