The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   need a photo editing program (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/need-photo-editing-program-55992/)

Juniper 05-27-2010 10:42 AM

need a photo editing program

I think there may have been a thread on this subject but I could not find it. I am finally ready to buy a photo editing program. Does anyone have a favorite? I want one that is "computer idiot" friendly. I want to be able to do borders, add words, change contrast, crop, change colors etc. and then either print it myself or send the finished product to Snapfish or Costco for printing.

TaMMa89 05-27-2010 04:44 PM

I'm for PhotoFiltre, besides that the basic version of it is free. It does everything you mentioned except I'm not all sure about changing colors (depends on it what kind of changing you mean). I've personally found it pretty easy.

For example here's a version (and introduction) of it if you want to try it:
PhotoFiltre - Download

ridingismylife2 05-27-2010 06:54 PM

I personally use Photoshop which I absolutely LOVE but I also have Paint.net which is for free and I use it when I just want to crop, write something and edit in small ways, quickly. It's super simple.
Just search it in google.

Juniper 05-27-2010 09:57 PM

thanks, I downloaded Picasa for free. If that does not work I will try the other free ones and then if not happy go for photoshop.

justsambam08 05-27-2010 10:10 PM

I also use Photofiltre, its not as advanced as PS, which I LOVE, but don't have the money to buy.

Juniper 05-27-2010 10:29 PM

Okay, Picasa definitely did not do what I needed. I want to be able to do borders and make word bubbles and lots of stuff. I will try the other ones and see what happens. I suppose photoshop is many $$

Iseul 05-27-2010 10:47 PM

GIMP :3
I have used it solely for the past 2-3 years.
I downloaded PS that came with my wacom tablet, but it was very confusing for me...I could even figure out how to line a sketch. ;-;
I've heard that photofiltre is good ok though, haven't really tried it though..
oh, and a lot of the time you can find PS on eBay or craigslist for a cheaper price than retail. :3 which is what I'm about to do with mine XD
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseDad 05-27-2010 11:29 PM

this looks like what you might want.

PhotoScape - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Carleen 05-27-2010 11:59 PM

I second the GIMP - it's free and does pretty much everything that Paint Shop Pro does.
Or if you want a good program with not a ton of money, go to Photoshop Elements. I have it, and it's wonderful.

Juniper 05-28-2010 09:51 PM

okay, I got adobe photoshop elements at costco. i cannot figure it out! I must be too old to use a computer, sigh. Nothing works the way I think it should. "Undo" does not undo etc.