The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   AQHA gelding for sale, trade for pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/aqha-gelding-sale-trade-pony-56052/)

horseluver250 05-28-2010 07:15 AM

AQHA gelding for sale, trade for pony

8 Attachment(s)
I posted a while back about a gelding my sister wanted to trade, but didn't have any pics. She has a 9yr old 15.3 or 16 hand bay gelding. He is reg QH but looks more like a warmblood. He is barefoot and an easy keeper (aka fat). Just had shots done a couple weeks ago. I know he had some dressage training in the past, I don't honestly don't know if he is trained to jump but I don't see any reason why he can't be taught. He'd do well as a dressage mount, or an eventer with some training. I don't see him being a western horse.
He has NOT been ridden since last fall. My sister has had him about 3 years and was only riding him about once a month or every other month... not enough for a young horse. Hes just a bit too much for her to take on the trails now and she seems afraid of him (thus why he hasn't been ridden lately). He is not a bad horse, he just needs someone to ride him regularly. I've only been on him once, he hadn't been ridden in 2 months, saddle up fine and went right out on the the trails by himself. He can be a little spooky and is weary of new people at first. I think he'd really benefit from daily handling and regular riding. Hes going to need at least a confident intermediate rider to get him going again. Hes really a nice horse, hes just been going to waste.
He is located in western new york, (west of the finger lakes). He cannot leave the farm until she finds a pony too keep the other horse company. She would like to trade him for a pony 13-14 hands, around 7-14 yrs that would be fine to just ride once a month and that would be okay to give pony rides on.
If interested PM me your contact details and I can give them to my sister.

horseluver250 05-28-2010 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not my pic, but I found this on an old ad for him on horsedirect for a farm in NJ