The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   showmanship/halter videos please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/showmanship-halter-videos-please-56113/)

Pro 05-28-2010 11:23 PM

showmanship/halter videos please

Does anyone have, or know of any showmanship videos from the time they enter the arena, to the time they leave. I cant find any on youtube. Thanks

PBritton2U 05-28-2010 11:34 PM

I just downloaded a couple. Look for the one labled NCQHA YouTube - Dspammsters's Channel. I actually have a few on my page.

Was there a reason you needed to see "from the time they enter the arena"?

Pam
Posted via Mobile Device

aforred 05-28-2010 11:39 PM

This one has been edited, but shows the pre-pattern lineup and the placing.

Pro 05-28-2010 11:41 PM

Thanks!

Yes there is a reason...lol, it will settle my nervousness seeing the whole picture, I know it really doesn't make a difference, but it will make me feel better.

I'm afraid I will freeze up and not remember anything, and forget my pattern. I just want to see the show situation as much as possible!

Pro 05-28-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aforred (Post 646600)
This one has been edited, but shows the pre-pattern lineup and the placing.

YouTube - Showmanship

I haven't watched it yet, but thanks!

PBritton2U 05-29-2010 12:15 AM

Aha!! I thought so. Deep breaths.

Different shows manage things differently. It's par for course at breed shows to "stage" (like you see me doing) which means your ready at cone "A", do your pattern, then exit. But local schooling-level shows will have everyone enter the ring and then pull you out one by one to work your pattern. When you're done, you line up again. It's important to remember your quarters when dealing with the later type of situation. And you must constantly show to the judge. A lot of judges will turn and survey the crowd to see who's paying attention.

No matter which situation, you will almost always "stage" while the previous competitor is finishing up their pattern. That means be ready at cone "A". Don't hang back. Unless the judge tells you otherwise.

E-mail me if you need a therapy session beforehand. LOL.

Pam
Posted via Mobile Device

aforred 05-29-2010 12:23 AM

Have someone make up patterns for you, and then memorize them and do them (1 at a time). Once you figure out how to do this at home, doing it at a show becomes second nature.

I had a family friend ask me after a particularly bad blown pattern, "Did those judges change the pattern on you again?" That was before I found the best way (for me) to learn it.

Pro 05-29-2010 12:27 AM

Thank you.

I just might need that before the show therapy session!!

It's on the 13th of June, and I already have butterflies just sitting down thinking about it! I have been thinking about all the "what if" questions in my head, especially memorizing my pattern, that would be just my luck going and forgetting my pattern and freezing up:oops:

So I'm just watching all the different shows I can find online for now!

Pro 05-29-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aforred (Post 646632)
Have someone make up patterns for you, and then memorize them and do them (1 at a time). Once you figure out how to do this at home, doing it at a show becomes second nature.

I had a family friend ask me after a particularly bad blown pattern, "Did those judges change the pattern on you again?" That was before I found the best way (for me) to learn it.

Good idea, I will try that!

Pro 05-29-2010 12:46 AM

Pam - What did you do with your hair in the videos? I cant really tell... is it just in a bun type thing, or in a net?