The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Why do you do it? + another random question (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/why-do-you-do-another-random-56134/)

wannahorse22 05-29-2010 12:17 PM

Why do you do it? + another random question

*Why do you do it? -wake up in the mornings to feed, or in general just take up the time caring for a horse?

*I have really oily skin so I was wondering if anyone had some tips or products they use to help. I have been using lemon juice.

ridergirl23 05-29-2010 12:22 PM

well, my horse is at a boarding stable, but In the summer or Christmas break I always wake up and go to the barn early. Why not? I love being around horses, more then people, and well, I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't want to! Even when it's -40 outside ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

corinowalk 05-29-2010 12:25 PM

Because horse time is my time. I have 2 kids, David is 3 and Aaralyn is 1. Every Mom deserves a break. When I'm at the barn, I forget about diapers and bills and running the sweeper and doing laundry. It is the one place that I can totally detatch myself from life and just be. When your hands are busy, your mind is still.

MaggiStar 05-29-2010 02:05 PM

I wake up because i have to if i dont feed her nobody will. But then there aoll out now so i sleep in until late as college is out.

O try an oat mask for your oily skin.

Deerly 05-29-2010 02:25 PM

My horse is at a boarding stable and so I don't have to feed mornings and evenings, phew! He's on antibiotics right now though so I have been driving out before and after work to give them to him and I told him this morning how spoiled he should feel that I'm putting so many miles on my car driving back and forth!

I do it because I love him and because that's what friends and partners are for!

Rylie22 05-29-2010 02:29 PM

I have to wake up to feed them, but I sorta enjoy it they always seem to put a smile on my face. It's a good way to start the day. I'm not a big fan of it when it's winter and in the negatives but I have to do it. Like people previously stated it's a good way to forget about reality for a while.