The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Where to go, What to do? (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/where-go-what-do-56181/)

TheRoughrider21 05-30-2010 08:08 AM

Where to go, What to do?

OK so right now my filly Patches is being kept at my cousin's place where there are 2 other horses, a big pasture, a lean-to, water, hay, and lots of shade. I have to work with Patches out in the field and the other horses are really nosy so they always get in the way. She isnt at my trainers because he didnt have room when we got her but now he has some openings and wants me to come back and bring Patches. They have a barn with stalls, cross-ties, and indoor and outdoor arena, tack lockers, washing area, and stuff that she should get used to. Except, they don't ahve any shade out in the pastures. Im not sure if I should keep Patches at my cousins or go to my trainers barn. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I love my trainers barn but I'm worried she'll get uncomfortable this summer without any shade. Thanks! =)

justsambam08 06-01-2010 03:39 PM

I would say talk to your trainer about building some lean-to's, depending on how big her pastures are. Most people won't object to putting in something that you're going to pay for.

I know at the place that I got Ice from, they had one of those outdoor carport frames and just covered it with a blue tarp. Worked perfectly well for a shelter, and they could dismantle it/move it where ever they wanted.

churumbeque 06-01-2010 07:59 PM

I see you are from Wisconsin. Don't they have trees for shade?

TheRoughrider21 06-01-2010 09:32 PM

Yes we have trees for shade but the pasture for the horses used to be a field that was corn and soybeans so there werent any random trees in the middle of a field.