The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Lottery.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/lottery-56228/)

ilovemyPhillip 05-30-2010 10:58 PM

Lottery..

I need to win. I just need to. My life is so screwy right now, let me explain:

My horses-

They're bored. They're depressed. They're dropping weight. They need a job.

I cannot assist them with the facilities they are in.. 1 dirt paddock with 24/7 access to a round-bale, and they get grain once daily. I don't have an area to ride or lunge. I do, but I don't. They're not efficient. I feel so awful. My trailer is broken. I can't take them to my other [lesson] barn. Where I work. I'm so guilty. I hope to get my two ponies working again this weekend, and my mom can take care of HER horses. Jesus I feel like crap because I know they're suffering.

My show-career-

I have horses & ponies popping up left and right! I've found a fancy Welsh pony mare (owned by my instructor/boss) that I work well with. She is for sale, I want to buy her so bad. This mare has a foal on the ground (that is going on 4 or 5 years old) that I'm riding. Both ponies are a dream, and I so wish I could own her, I would have the perfect horse. One that has a show-career, and is breeding-material.

My friend has offered to let me show her Appaloosa. I jump him frequently, and she just can't get him to.. So she offered for me to show him over fences and she shows him in flat classes.

I'm also breaking the babies at my lesson barn. The yearling I play with, the two year old I ground drive, and practice manners with, and the 4 y/o I'm riding at a walk/trot in the arena... & I'm the only person riding him.

----------

So basically if I won the lottery I could move my horses to a more sufficient barn, (that I would own), buy Christmas Belle (the mare), and probably buy Chris Kringle (Belle's foal I'm riding) and have everything I want in the comfort of my own property.

----
I'm still feeling horrible about my horses. I feel like I'm ruining them.

Kashmere 05-31-2010 12:26 AM

I wouldn't count on the Lottery to solve your problems though.
It has such a LOW chance of winning :?

Broski1984 05-31-2010 01:45 AM

What Kashmere said; your chances are low.

Do you have any money? You could maybe pay someone to move them to the other barn.

ilovemyPhillip 05-31-2010 01:27 PM

Nope I don't rely on the lottery. Lol. I just wish we would win.

I don't have that much money to move them. I've got 4 horses & the cheapest board around here is $200 monthly. I think I've found some things to relieve them of their depression.. Hopefully it works..

Broski1984 05-31-2010 03:40 PM

You can never really trust this, so if you look into it, please be careful...

Why not post an ad online, asking for cheap boarding, if you're concerned? You can get lucky, but get a contract (and make SURE there are no loop-holes), meet the people and thoroughly inspect the facility.