The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   June and my horses are still rugged (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/june-my-horses-still-rugged-56378/)

Nutty Saddler 06-02-2010 03:40 AM

June and my horses are still rugged

5 Attachment(s)
Well JUNE is here and the weather is really mad. I thought I would share the latest photo's from my herd - they are really not liking the weather - this is all from rainfall - I haven't had a river burst it's banks - just endless weeks of rain.

Attachment 32524

Attachment 32525

Attachment 32526

Attachment 32527

Attachment 32528

If we don't get a break from this there is going to be no harvest and no hay .

speedy da fish 06-02-2010 08:04 AM

OMG poor horses! must be reallt hard and really annoying! just hope the water stays at a level so they ca still get to the grass.

SorrelHorse 06-09-2010 12:57 PM

Aww, poor things! That's major flooding....At least they can still reach the grass. Is the weather normally that wet where you live? Jeez I thought our weather was wet....

Nutty Saddler 06-09-2010 01:49 PM

The weather here is anything but normal - I've talked to our neighbour who has farmed his land for forty years and he has never seen anything like it, parts of the country are in a state of emergency, many of the older houses are of wattle and daub ( mud bricks ) construction and are collapsing, one town recorded over 10cm of raindfall in under 24 hours - a national record.

Things have gone from bad to worse

Just to give you an idea of how crazy things have become, on June 2nd we had 11 degrees and torrential rain - now 7 days later we have 34 ( YES 34 degrees ) - we are forecast more rain and 30+ degrees for a week - the mosquito population has exploded to epic proportions - no one dare leave their house in the evening , the local town has run out of mosquito repellant , things are going to get worse as the temperature continues to be 30+ and the water isn't going anywhere - on 40 acres I have a 10 acre lake and this is at bath temperatures during the day - I can't take my horses anywhere to get away from the insects - they look like pin cushions when they come in every day and I'm hepless .

What we need is a hurricane to blow them all away, and that isn't going to happen.

LeosAmericanShadow 06-09-2010 04:35 PM

wow im really sorry about that. that must be really hard and irriating. why is it that cold? thats far from normal. where i live its 96 right now! it shouldnt be that cold in june... your poor horsies :(

Count Jackula 06-09-2010 05:01 PM

You poor things, and poor horses, that's just ghastly :cry: Perhaps leaving soggy UK was not such a good idea :?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeosAmericanShadow (Post 655853)
wow im really sorry about that. that must be really hard and irriating. why is it that cold? thats far from normal. where i live its 96 right now! it shouldnt be that cold in june... your poor horsies :(

I think that the OP is using centigrade, not fahrenheit :wink:

drafts4ever 06-10-2010 12:22 AM

yeah june isn't supposed to be this crappy. Washington state is about the same right now. We had 2 weeks of great weather and then the skies opened up and ruined it all.

Nutty Saddler 06-10-2010 01:38 AM

Count Jackula - I'm sorry to have to say but I would rather live in Hungary than in the UK , I'm not going to go into specifics but I think what has happened to the UK over the last 14 years is absolutly disgraceful and it is no longer a place I would want to live in .

Count Jackula 06-10-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutty Saddler (Post 656343)
Count Jackula - I'm sorry to have to say but I would rather live in Hungary than in the UK , I'm not going to go into specifics but I think what has happened to the UK over the last 14 years is absolutly disgraceful and it is no longer a place I would want to live in .

Whoa there! I've no idea why you left, it means nothing to me where anyone chooses to live and I was trying to make a joke, since people in the UK complain about the weather pretty much all the time, whilst commiserating with you and your horses, so that's absolutely no need to take umbrage! :shock:

Tasia 06-12-2010 01:47 AM

Yep looks like the lowlands here. We have been having horrible thunder showers here to.