The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Natural herbal remidies... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/natural-herbal-remidies-56438/)

AQHA 06-02-2010 10:28 PM

Natural herbal remidies...

Opinions and websites (please) with a list of them would be great if anyone knows of any.

Do you use them?

Anyone want to share some and the uses?

AQHA 06-03-2010 10:28 AM

bump - I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on them.

kitten_Val 06-03-2010 05:23 PM

I used herbal calmers. Mare Magic (Mare Magic Mare Magic (Equine - Horse Supplements - Calming Agents) did nothing at all, but OMG it smells good :D , Moody Mare (that one actually seems to work for me, smells pretty nice too, but strong Moody Mare Wendals Herbs (Equine - Horse Supplements - Calming Agents)), and Wendals Calmer (Calmer Wendals Herbs (Equine - Horse Supplements - Calming Agents) heck this one gave totally opposite effect on my horse. I tried it 3 times and every time she was HOT - running, hard to stop, and spooky on everything. I believe it's garlic, which gives such effect.

SorrelHorse 06-03-2010 07:28 PM

I don't use all the natural remedies, but I do use a couple.

Rescue Remedy = Shock

Celery Seed = Arthritis
Burdock - Also Arthritis

Rosehips = Preggo mares

Chamomile = Relaxation

Flax seed = Coats. Make em' shiny :D

I found these on this website : Herbal horse remedies

And then I consulted a local expert before trying.....I already used rosehips on the dogs, so horses were no big deal :D

Pro 06-04-2010 03:05 PM

^^Thats a great website^^:)

Tasia 06-04-2010 04:27 PM

I use arnica for brusing and I am using it on my gelding right now.
Flax seed the works.

Islandrea 07-02-2010 02:11 PM

SorrelHorse, How do you feed your chamomile? Do you purchase dried, cut and sifted? Whole dried flowers?

SorrelHorse 07-02-2010 04:10 PM

I get them whole. I will give it to my barrel horses so they relax an don't wear themselves out at the show....

However, if you can get some chamomile tea packets and make yourself a bran mash, then just through the tea in there after you brew it.
Posted via Mobile Device

stonehorsedesigns 07-02-2010 04:25 PM

How do you know how much to give? and how much do you give? Natural remedies have always facinated me.

totalfreedom 07-02-2010 04:58 PM

This was posted a little bit ago. I dunno if you already saw it or not.
http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/herbs-49794/

And these are the people I'm using at the moment for my horse. I took him to a professional that's been studying this for over 30 years, and for the past 28 years hasn't had to take a horse to the vet.
Silver Lining Herbs Equine Supplements | Dog & Horse Supplements

Also here's a neat website that I had been browsing through too.
Lisa St. John - Lavender Sage Unique Equine Nutrition Management Programs© and Herbal Remedies