The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Charles owen?!? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/charles-owen-56533/)

megannnn 06-04-2010 01:18 AM

Charles owen?!?

I have turned to the dark side! im tossing the IRH and getting a charles owen :)
so how are you guys liking the charles owen JR8. like what do you like and dislike about it??
is it worth the money or not?

anddd. what color should i get?? charcoal/black or black/black

kitten_Val 06-04-2010 07:08 AM

As long as it fits you. I tried Charles Owen and it didn't fit my head unfortunately, but I've heard good words about the brand.

upnover 06-04-2010 09:11 AM

The COs come in different models for different head/face shapes. Their reps say at least one of their models should fit almost everyone. Unfortunately the ones that look and feel best on me are the AYR8 and the wellington Pro, basically the more expensive ones!

BUT, they look great (and very in right now), a fantastic quality helmet.. if it fits go for it!

Color is totally up to you. I used to love the charcoal but lately i've been loving the classic black.

MIEventer 06-04-2010 09:59 AM

I do not have a JR8, I have an IRH Velvet "Skunk Cap". But what I do have is a Charles Owen J3 Skull Cap, and I LOVE it.

I wear a size 2 and it fits me like a glove.

kitten_Val 06-04-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnover (Post 651781)
The COs come in different models for different head/face shapes. Their reps say at least one of their models should fit almost everyone. Unfortunately the ones that look and feel best on me are the AYR8 and the wellington Pro, basically the more expensive ones!

Don't believe them much. :) I tried everything in Dover from cheap to expensive (out of curiosity) and only 2 models of Troxel fit my head.

anrz 06-04-2010 07:03 PM

l have the JR8, and it's a great helmet :). Very comfortable, it fits well, and looks great. lt's relatively easy to clean the outside, although l've only gotten dust on mine so far... you just grab a damp towel and clean it gently :). l have the black/black one, and l have to say that l would go with the black/black helmet :). lt's totally personal preference though! :)