The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   7 months and forever to go (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/7-months-forever-go-56582/)

HeroMyOttb 06-04-2010 05:25 PM

7 months and forever to go

4 Attachment(s)
WOW..I can't believe it will be 7 months on june 7th that I have owned my beautiful horse! Before I got him I put getting a horse on the back of my mind...there was no way my parents and I could afford it. But at the least expected time I got my first horse :) Hero is an 8 year old ex racehorse needing a new lease on life after being saved from slaughter! He was first saved from slaughter by his very first owner, raced a few more times and I came into the picture only a week after his last race(my trainer is helping with the process of him being retrained, she is very experience with OTTBs). Hero was a very calm horse from the beginning...we have had a few rough times because of his health at first skin condition, weight, hooves etc but as of now everything is going great, and training is going wonderful! Little things of him throwing his head up and perking his ears when he hears my voice, or running to the gate to meet me, or following me everywhere can bring tears to my eyes to show the great bond Hero and I have. I love this horse dearly and he has a forever home. Hero <3

danastark 06-06-2010 12:44 AM

Congrats on your beautiful new boy!! Glad to hear things are going better for him health-wise, just in time for summer! Have fun and keep us updated on his progress :)

mom2pride 06-06-2010 09:26 PM

If he goes missing, I didn't do it K? JK!!! He's gorgeous, and congrats on him :D

HeroMyOttb 06-06-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2pride (Post 653467)
If he goes missing, I didn't do it K? JK!!! :D

LOL..Ill keep my eye out now of any body that seems out of place..hehe :)