The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   what will she shed out to be??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/what-will-she-shed-out-56654/)

corabee 06-06-2010 01:39 AM

what will she shed out to be???

1 Attachment(s)
My black and white paint just foaled a nice little filly. Sire is a black horse that has some brownish color on his muzzle. Don't know much about either horse, since I have only had her for a few months and the previous owner doesn't know much either. She appears grulla but I am assuming she will shed out differently. She does have a barely there dorsal stripe and grey-blue dark eyes. Any guesses as to what she will shed out to be?

lilkitty90 06-06-2010 09:08 AM

i'm not sure but she is gorgeous! i'm having the same problem with my little colt as well. and i believe they are all born with they grey/green/blue looking eyes my colt was about the same color as your little filly and he is going to shed out bay i believe but foal color is so misleading you never can know for sure what you are going to get.

kassierae 06-06-2010 02:53 PM

If the sire had a brown muzzle he wasn't black. He was dark bay/seal brown. I'm going to guess she'll shed out black. If neither one of her parents carry the dun gene she's not a grulla.

shesinthebarn 06-06-2010 03:13 PM

I'd say black.

corabee 06-06-2010 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Regardless of what she sheds out to be, she is beautiful and so sweet!! Here is a pic of me on her momma. Her momma is my personal horse and she is as sweet as they get. Was never broke and I got her a several months ago. She is 7 years old. She has never bucked or kicked and when she gets nervous she just dances a bit and backs up until I get her collected. Every day she improves and is becoming so bonded to me. Since she just foaled 11 days ago, I ride her bareback without a bit for about 5 minutes everyday and she seems to enjoy that. Here is a picture of us today.

mom2pride 06-06-2010 11:00 PM

:wink: Got rid of your double post for ya

Your mare and foal are both absolutely beautiful...we need more pics I think :D

corabee 06-07-2010 01:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As a photographer, I have to oblige!! Here are a couple more shots. The one of Sidra with Bekah is just about an hour after Sidra foaled!