The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   would he be good for any english riding type? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/would-he-good-any-english-riding-56674/)

horselady36501 06-06-2010 11:38 AM

would he be good for any english riding type?

hello everyone ok i have this 4 year old paint cropout gelding that i have been working in western riding and hes just not wanting to do any of the spins and things so i was wondering if maby he would be good for any jumping, or cross country he realy a a enormos stride whin your riding him so i dont think he would work in anything that goes kinda slow. and i dont know about drasage. i took a video of him free jumping today. its the first time he has ever jumped anything. lol and his first time wering boots ( we go slow when working on our reining since he still has some baby moments) so what do you all think he is for sale and will get to about 16hh. he will collect up with no problem whin your riding him.

www.lonehorseranch.com

ridergirl23 06-06-2010 12:23 PM

I think dressage would be good for him :) it would build up his neck back and butt muscles. Don't worry my horse has a giagantic stride, and so do a lot of dressage horses. But if you do choose to try dressage, find a good trainer, because it is super easy to ruin a horse when trying to do dressage without one. :) he's cute, I love bays
Posted via Mobile Device

horselady36501 06-07-2010 01:30 PM

cool thx im not realy looking to ride hi myself i bought him back becaus the girl didnt think he woud be good for anything other than a trail horse and since hes one of my past babies i thought he needed a better chance to do somthing rather than just nothing. but i havent ben doing any english style riding in about 8 years and then it was jumping lesons for 2 months lol so i dont know a whole lot but i do know about the collecting and such which he does very well may get a video of him doing that today. thx for the input :)

AfterParty 06-07-2010 01:36 PM

I agree with possibly starting out with dressage but when he goes over that jump he has his ears forward and seems to really enjoy it . He's very handsome .

DressageIsToDance 06-10-2010 03:22 AM

I agree with AfterParty, seems to like jumping. He might make a nice combined training horse.

Alwaysbehind 06-10-2010 07:16 AM

He could do lower level just about anything.
He does not use himself very well over that small fence. He might do better over a larger fence, he might now.

Like others have posted, basic dressage would do him good no matter what he planned on doing. His neck is pretty scrawny, hopefully some dressage work would help him build some muscling that would make that less obvious.