The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   QH bloodlines (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/qh-bloodlines-57022/)

Hukassa 06-11-2010 01:22 AM

QH bloodlines

'llo everyone, just want to know what you all think of my quarter horse mare's bloodlines, I'm considering breeding her (this year or next). We already have a stud picked out. She has great confirmation (as I've been told several times by boarders, vets, random people XD) and is a good looking horse but I want to know what everyone thinks about her papers.

P.S. Yes, I'm new. Made my account today in fact, wasn't planning to post anything at the time but got the urge to a couple minutes ago :).

Mare- Ruby's Classic Effort

Sire Side

Sire- Heza Classic Effort

GrandSire- Mr. Royal Effort
Great GrandSire- Mitey Effort
Great Granddam- Miss Royal Siz

GrandDam- Wimpy's Taco
Great GrandSire- Smith's King Wimpy
Great GrandDam- Wimpy's Flyer

Dam's Side

Dam- Doc's Ruby Pistol

Grandsire- Shootout
Great GrandSire- Mr. Blackburn 101
Great GrandDam- Pine's Cuban 2

GrandDam- Billi Gem Cody
Great GrandSire- Sparkie Gem
Great GrandDam- Ama Cody

Hope that was easy enough to read :-P.

AnnaLover 06-11-2010 11:34 AM

Welcome to the Horse Forum! I couldn't find your mare on AQHA website or All breed pedigree? I also don't recognize any of the names you have listed but it sounds like the dam's side goes back to Doc Bar and possibly Zippo Pine Bar? I'd love to see pictures of your mare! :)

westonsma 06-11-2010 11:35 AM

If you would, please fill in her pedigree at www.allbreedpedigree.com and post a link for us. This will allow us to actually see the lineage, and link names together. So far, all I even recognize is Wimpy, and whether or not Cody is from Top Sail Cody will make a difference too.

I'm surprised you haven't been completely bashed yet for wanting to breed. I wouldn't. As far as I can tell, and because you didn't mention it, your mare hasn't been bred for anything, nor proven in an event... and for that reason, I wouldn't breed her.

Here, I filled it in for you.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/rubys+classic+effort

Hukassa 06-11-2010 01:46 PM

Thanks westonsma for filling that in for me I really appreciate it :), and I'm surprised to at the lack of bashing for even thinking of breeding my horse. I spent yesterday looking at the forums and people have very strong opinions on backyard breeding, don't they? I agree with them on some level (mainly the only reason your breeding is you love your horse and think everyone else will love them too). The reason I didn't list any proven eventing is because, well, she was in an accident as a yearling, and is lame (and i know thats not going to help me on the "I'm not trying to be a back yard breeder claim"). Her parents, though, were proven eventers (in Colorado and New Mexico) and the stud I have been thinking of is proven in reining (and has done a bit of cutting and done well in it). The main thing is I'm really thinking if i want to breed her, but if I decide to it's going to be this or next year. :)

Nita 06-11-2010 01:55 PM

I would love to see pictures of your mare! Oh, and welcome to HF. =) I would say as long as you are prepared for anything that breeding a mare/having a foal might bring, overall you seem pretty knowledgeable. For two posts anyway. haha. But be positive that breeding is what you want to do, because you could buy a quality weanling for fairly cheap right now. I understand wanting a foal out of your mare though, and I don't want to begin the breeding bashing. :D Just saying, be careful.

As for her pedigree... Are you looking to breed for an eventer or for reining? I only really know reining horses, but her pedigree looks respectable. Wimpy and Doc Bar (though they are pretty far back) look like the most famous ones on there to me, but then again, I don't know eventing bloodlines or anything like that.

farmpony84 06-11-2010 01:56 PM

This board isn't terrible about bashing, but there will be some questions and concerns posted. As for her being a "proven" eventer, if she's truley got the conformation and the build, then she should be capable of producing the right offspring, if you use the right stud.

Those are speed type bloodlines you have. I don't know alot about that realm so I won't say much. Is she registered?

farmpony84 06-11-2010 02:05 PM

Is this her?

RUBYS CLASSY EFFORTQH SORREL MARE 04/04/2002

Hukassa 06-11-2010 02:08 PM

Yes, she is registered and I'm sorry I didn't mean so sound like the board is terrible about bashing, that's what a forum is for, to say what you think. I've helped with a few foalings(?) that came about where I board a few years back so I know atleast the basics of helping her through the pregnancy and birth :).

I really need to get some pictures of her :) I'll try to tonight.

Hukassa 06-11-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 657808)
Is this her?

RUBYS CLASSY EFFORTQH SORREL MARE 04/04/2002

Yep, that would be her :)

Hukassa 06-13-2010 09:50 PM

Quick shot of her I took today since she was almost still (notice the tail :P).

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/DSCN0390.jpg