The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Jerry... Arabian/Welsh Pony(?) Cross (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/jerry-arabian-welsh-pony-cross-57158/)

AngelWithoutWings54 06-12-2010 10:41 PM

Jerry... Arabian/Welsh Pony(?) Cross

8 Attachment(s)
This is my horse, Jerry. He is an Arabian/Welsh Pony cross... Or so we think. He was neglected, and my barn found him at an auction and bought him to be a school horse. I rode him in lessons for 2 years, until my parents finally bought him for me on April 18, 2010. So... Enjoy!

BarrelracingArabian 06-12-2010 10:50 PM

well isnt he the looker
hes gorgeous! congrats on getting him :]
remins me of a more male version of my baby girl haha

RedTree 06-12-2010 10:51 PM

wow I love that blue on him :)
and cute horse he deffinatley to me looks a little bit arabian

AngelWithoutWings54 06-12-2010 11:04 PM

Thanks to both of you. :) We have EVERYTHING possible in royal blue. lol. It's unreasonable. And I'm almost sure he's part Welsh... he has the personality.

MacabreMikolaj 06-13-2010 10:58 AM

He's gorgeous! Though I think I would disagree on the Arabian part - Welsh ponies already tend to look like little Arabs, and crossing would likely get you a very dainty and refined cross. I'd put money on him being Welsh/QH (the bit of Arab you see in him would be coming from his Welsh side). Arab blood tends to really show through, and I don't see that Arab imprint on him.

In other news, I actually had someone ask me if my 14.3hh purebred Arab was a Welsh Pony once. :lol:

He's absolutely divine either way!

AngelWithoutWings54 06-13-2010 03:25 PM

I don't think he's QH... at least not half QH, there could be some in there (he's a mutt. In fact, there most likely is a bit of QH in him...). But I only say that because my vet is convinced that he is Arabian. He probably has a bit of everything in him though. :p

Thanks for the compliment!

payette 06-13-2010 05:37 PM

great pics!