The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   My show today was awesome. (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/my-show-today-awesome-57164/)

HalfPass 06-13-2010 12:27 AM

My show today was awesome.

8 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone.
Well I am pooped out and it is late so I will just say this....
I had a blast! I rode Intro A and B and got 2nd on both tests.
My score was 66.5% Intro A
And 67.5% Intro B.
I will go back tomorrow and do them again!

Here is a video for Intro A
Followed by a few pics from Intro A
MIE the first pic is for you!
Look at the sparkly browband!:wink::wink::wink:
I will send you a few more with cool brow band shots
I am too pooped to over load.
20100516121219.mp4 video by Steener_421 - Photobucket

I will try to upload intro B from today (Sat) when I get home tomorrow and then more pics from today as well.
In the next few days i will put up the pics and video from Sunday's Intro A and B.
Okay....I am off to clean my boots and hand wash the show shirt...then to bed finally!
Halfpass

MIEventer 06-13-2010 12:55 AM

EEEEK! IT IS ONE OF MY BROWBANDS!!!

The Haffie looks darling!!! I love it! <3<3<3

Congratulations on your winnings my dear!! You must be SO PROUD!! I am so proud of you, look at how much you have accomplished after everything you've been through - awesome scores for your first Dressage Show, and the work you've put into making this day a great success!!!

BRAVO!!!

writer23 06-13-2010 01:53 AM

Congrats!! You and your horse look spectacular!

HalfPass 06-13-2010 11:15 PM

Thanks MIE, and Writer...

TOday was even better. I got 1st place on both tests with a 67.5% on Intro A and 68% on intro B

I felt really good in the first test and thought the second was not as good, but We did really well.

The Haffie's owner came to watch us yesterday and she was thrilled to death over how well he is doing. She called me this evening wanting to know how we did in our tests today. She was over the top about us getting two 1st places for today! :)

My Mom and my neighbor came out to watch and my mom took photo's....
Sadly I do not have them on my computer because i had my lap top at the ranch and my mom couldn't load them when she went back to my home before returning to her home..4 hours away.
So I will have to get some more photo's so you all can see.

What I got out of my Sat, was some comments from the judge that I knew were coming. Mostly about the "poll" being either "to low" and sometimes to high"
The to low part we have really been working on and it is improving.
There was other stuff to work on in the free walk. She wanted more stretch into the bridle.
Today she said things like Poll a "little higher"
Lovely strides.
Further remarks on test A said "pleasing ride"
Further remarks on test B said "Lovely ride"
In the intro B tes i got four 8's. Eights on the changes on rein and both centerline and halts.

To get an 8 on centerline and hault is a big deal for this horse. He was trained to halt and then Run backwards. It took some work to change that!
So pleased with his entire attitude and performaces.
What a total Ham...
What i felt was cool was being able to take the judges comments and then try to improve them as best I could from one day to the next day.
I discussed them with my trainer and then when I did my warmup I put into play some tools to make things happen and I guess they helped!

What a great weekend.

My first show in 20 years was a total success. I could have shown at a higher level, but Bear was not put together to do canter classes. We did enter the Training lvl only to find we couldnt cross enter. Even so I feel he is not ready to be there do to some past training he had.

All in all a fun enjoyable weekend. So lucky to have the little haffie to ride.
halfpass

JustDressageIt 06-13-2010 11:21 PM

Woohoo!!! GO HP! You must be so pleased with yourself! I'm so proud of you!!

HalfPass 06-13-2010 11:24 PM

Thanks JDI!
Yes pleased with myself and with the Haffie!
What an accomplishment for us both!
Pics to come soon. Maybe more video later this week. I am pooped out!
Halfpass

RadHenry09 06-16-2010 10:11 PM

That is great , good for the both of you!
I just love the mane braided like that. I really need to start learning how to do that. Both my horses have long manes and I really dont want to pull them/band them but I do love the braid.

MyBoyPuck 06-16-2010 10:21 PM

Holy cow that is so great! It's so nice to see you having such a great time. Great scores! Sounds like you had a good judge with comments you can build upon.

HalfPass 06-16-2010 10:43 PM

Hey Rad thanks for the coments. I love the braid too. My trainer and I did it together. She did most of it and I held the ribbon down. it is a 3 hand process...lol
MyBoyPuck
There is more video and more pics in the thread I just posted tonight.
http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/p...ge-show-57476/
This one has pics of all my ribbons and links to the 2 tests on both days
I loved my scores. I thought the haffie was really good about everything.
We really worked to make improvements for the next day and it worked!
HP