The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   show pix! plz critique! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/show-pix-plz-critique-57200/)

WHISKEY4EVER93 06-13-2010 03:55 PM

show pix! plz critique!

this is me and my paint pony... a little backgound... she is 8 years old... i got her when she was 2... trained her by myself... had some guidence from my trainer who loves her!! she is a hunter/jumper pony... we just do the open shows by us for flat work practice... im 5'2" and she is 14 hh.
please critique everything!!!

EDIT: I DELETED THE PHOTOS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY WERE PROOFS.
TYPICALLY WE WOULD REMOVE THE WHOLE THREAD BUT IT HAS GONE ON TOO LONG WITH TOO MANY REPLIES BEFORE BEING DISCOVERED.
~BILL

ToHotToTrot 06-13-2010 03:57 PM

No critique, buttt i LOVE your face in the first picture;D

WHISKEY4EVER93 06-13-2010 04:01 PM

yeah i dont make the best faces when i ride... the only time is when im jumping

WHISKEY4EVER93 06-13-2010 04:04 PM

yeah i dont make the nicest faces when im on the flat...but i make very nice faces when i jump

MyBoyPuck 06-13-2010 04:53 PM

The only thing that really jumps out is the puppy dog hands. She's a little behind the vertical in the first two shots and seems a tad heavy on the forehand. It's nothing that can't be lightened up with a few zillion half halts. Pretty girl.

WHISKEY4EVER93 06-13-2010 08:06 PM

thanks myboypuck... yeah the verticle thing has been an issue because she doesnt really need to set her head in the large pony hunters so that was very new to us... thanks she is my pride and joy!!!

Chuckface 06-13-2010 10:25 PM

Also i think your legs are a little too far forward, and perhaprs your stirrups are a little short? you look like your pushing your heel down too far.

shes beautiful btw, i love how shes white and her tail is black :)

JustDressageIt 06-13-2010 10:27 PM

Lovely photos, and a lovely horse. I do urge everyone to please remember this announcement though: http://www.horseforum.com/horse-foru...17/#post611207

claire_rosco 06-14-2010 12:07 AM

First of all...where do I get one? Shes beautiful!

Now, the only things I'd say are:
Hands could be a little higher - bend at the elbows a bit more. You'll find that if you have your hands slightly higher, she'll be able to get her head up a bit and into more of an uphill frame - I'm a sucker for riding with my hands too low and have been working on it with my horses and find it really helps

Maybe let your stirrups down a hole or so. That way you wont be pushing your heels down so far, and it will be easier to keep your toes in.

Just some ideas :)

Otherwise, looks lovely!

smrobs 06-14-2010 12:14 AM

I am not an english rider but I think it should be a straight line from your elbow to her mouth, correct? Plus the piano hands, you thumbs should be pointed upward. She also seems to be pretty heavy on the forehand.

I have to say that your girl has some of the most unique coloring I have ever seen. It is very unusual to see a paint horse with no more color than their tail. She is the first I have ever seen like that.