The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Kind of off the wall...collectible horse pets? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/kind-off-wall-collectible-horse-pets-57379/)

DressageIsToDance 06-15-2010 10:41 PM

Kind of off the wall...collectible horse pets?

I study graphic arts, and have been doing digital art for quite some time before I even decided I wanted to go to college to study it. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a sort of different art idea I could bring to the forums.

What if I made, a few templates of horses. A mare, gelding/stallion, colt and filly. Then I could color them customized according to a picture someone gave me of their own horse, or even just a written idea. I could record the name and "owner" of the horse on a mini-certificate or something, just so you could prove it was made for you.

Almost like a virtual pet, like Neopets or something, except I would be doing each by hand. :D I think it would be really cool to have little adopt-me horses. There's also the potential for little games and stuff, which would also be fun.

I would love to get some feedback on this!

AnnaLover 06-18-2010 03:24 PM

That's an awesome idea! Would you charge anything to make one? Let me know, I would love one of my mare ;)

DressageIsToDance 06-18-2010 03:29 PM

I expect they would be free! With limited slots for requests so I don't get overwhelmed. :)

AnnaLover 06-19-2010 06:38 PM

let me know when you want to take your plans into action, I'll supply many pictures for you!

Icrazyaboutu 06-20-2010 01:53 PM

That sounds so fun! There could be horses running around this forum! Ahaha lemme know when you take requests!

payette 06-20-2010 02:08 PM

Sounds fun!

speedy da fish 06-20-2010 04:19 PM

really cool idea!

lilkitty90 06-21-2010 11:52 AM

ooooh i love the idea!! i'd love one of my mare and colt whenever your ready to take your plans into action! lol

DressageIsToDance 06-21-2010 12:25 PM

So I have base sketches down, now I have to "ink" the lines and make a shading template ^_^ Then we will be ready to rock and roll. I'll probably designate a separate thread for requests. Maybe to X amount every week/month?

AnnaLover 06-21-2010 02:15 PM

I call a spot in first when you're ready! :D Post the link when you make it! I would definitely limit the requests or you will get very overwhelmed ^^ Maybe like one a day? Depending on how quickly you get them done!