The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   WHAT KIND OF BOOTS?? Hellpppp (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-kind-boots-hellpppp-57398/)

megannnn 06-16-2010 04:00 AM

WHAT KIND OF BOOTS?? Hellpppp

I would like to purchase woof boots for my 4 year old. But idk what model to buy for him? I want general boots. Like jumping, trails, riding in fields, or competing cross country. Which ones should I get? Like all purpose or brush or splint or galloping???? I'm totAlly lost on which ones to get!

Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 06-16-2010 08:19 AM

I have Woof A/P boots I'm using when riding in arena (I use all 4 when jump and just fronts when do flat). Dover Saddlery | Woof All-Purpose Horse Boots.

P.S. Don't use boots on trails if you gonna cross the water.

StormyBlues 06-16-2010 12:29 PM

^ Why not? If they're going to cross water on a XC course what difference does it make on the trail? Woof's are made to not hold alot of water in them for that reason.

Everyone on my eventing team has some sort of Woof boot. Either the double locking galloping or the regualr AP. I have the AP Brushing boot and it's MARVALOUS! :)

kitten_Val 06-16-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 661969)
^ Why not? If they're going to cross water on a XC course what difference does it make on the trail? Woof's are made to not hold alot of water in them for that reason.

I'd think they should absorb (looking at the material they are made of). I never tried though (I just wipe them off to keep clean). Also when I go into the water on my qh (on trail, of course) she's stuck there for good 15 mins, playing, splashing it around and all, so I'm pretty positive they'll be full of water by the time she's done. :D

StormyBlues 06-16-2010 09:53 PM

I gallop through water on XC and they don't get soaked. Yes, they're damp, but not wet wet.

My Beau 06-16-2010 11:38 PM

The velcro can come off in the water (that's why you tape them for xc), if you don't spend a whole lot of time in though they should be okay :)

StormyBlues 06-18-2010 04:20 PM

^They can, but it's very unlikly. But it does happen. I've seen more bell boots lost though :P And at least on a trail you can get off an re-velcro!