The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I need YOUR help. (Very Important. It could be in a magazine (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-need-your-help-very-important-5746/)

Rachluvshorses4eva 02-01-2008 10:04 PM

I need YOUR help. (Very Important. It could be in a magazine

Hi all,
As some of you already know, I am entering a competition where you have to make your own horse magazine. But, I am not so sure what to put in it. So, I need YOUR help.
What would you really like to read in a Horse Magazine? What about? And why?

Thank you very much. If I choose it, it will be in the magazine!

Thanks,
Rachel.

Rachluvshorses4eva 02-02-2008 01:16 AM

Anyone? Come on guys please?

Momo 02-02-2008 02:21 AM

^^ Definitely a kind of "Dear Abby" type column. Simply a question and answer column on horses, health, showing, etc.

Also, I personally (since I am a beginner at this stuff), maybe have like, a "Horses 101" type column. You could talk about the proper way of handling a horse, overcoming common problems, grooming and showing tips etc.

Then, of course, something a bit more advanced for the advanced riders like... I dunno... something advanced. :p How to "fine tune" your riding or something like that.

Maybe a story column where readers can send in horse-related stories, poems etc. I know I like to read stuff like that.

Hahah, I seemed to have rambled a bit. Hope this helps a little!

Rachluvshorses4eva 02-02-2008 02:22 AM

Thanks, yeah, you've helped a lot!

jazzyrider 02-02-2008 07:03 AM

is this for the horsewyse competition?

Rachluvshorses4eva 02-03-2008 12:50 AM

No, I wish Horsewyse was doing it instead though. I have been reading Horsewyse for 3 or 4 years, but I thought I might buy two horsey magaiznes one month so I bought Horsewyse and Horse Power. So yeah, I thought I might enter the HP comp! :lol:

jazzyrider 02-03-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachluvshorses4eva
No, I wish Horsewyse was doing it instead though. I have been reading Horsewyse for 3 or 4 years, but I thought I might buy two horsey magaiznes one month so I bought Horsewyse and Horse Power. So yeah, I thought I might enter the HP comp! :lol:

thats the one i meant :oops:

Rachluvshorses4eva 02-04-2008 01:45 AM

Well, yes.

JustDressageIt 02-04-2008 08:23 PM

Have you ever seen the show "The Shopping Bags"? They try out different brands of the same product and see what brand is best for the price. I think that would be a brilliant idea as a regular article.

Other than that:
What to look for in a foal's conformation
A regular (monthly) article about conformation for different disciplines - i.e. one month can be discussing WP, then dressage, then jumper, hunter, etc etc.

I'm sure I'll come up with more later :)

The Dear Abby column is great too!!

Rachluvshorses4eva 02-06-2008 01:30 AM

Cool. Thanks. Also, if you have a horse story etc. that you would like me to publish it in my magaizne. Please go to the "Horse stories and poems" topic and I made a topic for you guys.

THX