The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Worst horse seller excuse you've heard (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/worst-horse-seller-excuse-youve-heard-57463/)

equiniphile 06-16-2010 07:31 PM

Worst horse seller excuse you've heard
 
Sooo....what's the worst excuse you guys have heard from horse sellers? About why they're selling, their price, etc.? I found an amazing-looking gorgeous 8-yr old 16hh chestnut TB eventer for sale for $500 on equine.com. Seller's excuse?

"He's so cheap because red chestnuts always carry a bad name, even though this one's real sweet."
Posted via Mobile Device

upupandflyaway1 06-17-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 662560)
Sooo....what's the worst excuse you guys have heard from horse sellers? About why they're selling, their price, etc.? I found an amazing-looking gorgeous 8-yr old 16hh chestnut TB eventer for sale for $500 on equine.com. Seller's excuse?

"He's so cheap because red chestnuts always carry a bad name, even though this one's real sweet."
Posted via Mobile Device

Hahahahahaha. I would of swept that one up!
My favorite is when people sell because their horse is too hot and you ask what they mean and they come back with "well, he was crazy so i locked him in his stall for two weeks and when i took him out he was psycho and i cant ride him anymore so im selling him"

RIGHT. classic.

paintluver 06-17-2010 12:30 PM

Bahaha those are hilarious.

JustDressageIt 06-17-2010 12:35 PM

"Great deadbroke horse for sale... will trade for something well broke."



... uh what?

VanillaBean 06-17-2010 12:37 PM

^ aha ha hah haha!!! oh i love it!

VB

Alwaysbehind 06-17-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 663298)
"Great deadbroke horse for sale... will trade for something well broke."



... uh what?

I see that one all the time on Craigs list. Or the ad says something the horse being a go any where do anything horse, will lead or follow on trails, walks thru water, etc and they will trade for a horse that is child/husband safe on trails.

Oh yeah, and the selling horse because no time for it, but is willing to trade for another horse.

kmacdougall 06-17-2010 12:42 PM

I always see

"horse for sale only because of financial issues"
or "too many horses"
or "not enough time"

and I've seen those horses at horse shows dead lame or totally psycho.. RIIIIGHT, more like "make my problem your problem for $1000!!"

JustDressageIt 06-17-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind (Post 663302)
I see that one all the time on Craigs list. Or the ad says something the horse being a go any where do anything horse, will lead or follow on trails, walks thru water, etc and they will trade for a horse that is child/husband safe on trails.

Oh yeah, and the selling horse because no time for it, but is willing to trade for another horse.

Yep. I always, always scratch my head when I read those types of ads.

SorrelHorse 06-19-2010 06:32 PM

Selling because I can't afford to feed him. Well broke but hot. May trade for something that has no buck, kick, bite, or rear.

Translation - This horse is eating up all my money! He is psycho and keeps bucking! He rears when your ride him and just took a big chunk out of my arm! He's been ridden a lot but no one can discipline him! Pleeeeasssseee take him away!
Posted via Mobile Device

Delfina 06-19-2010 06:46 PM

A guy told me he was selling his "dead broke, child-safe" gelding because it was "too slow for his child to use for Gymkhana" and then in the next sentence said "she rode him once when her horse came up lame and won 1st place in all the events she rode in!"

OOOooooook, so he's "too slow" but she won anyways? Was everyone else's horse lame and really slooooow that day? Try, he's a green-broke horse that BUCKS and only goes one speed.... horrifically fast! Idiot's child helpfully filled me in on all the stunts that horse had pulled when her dad went to go get his saddle, statements such as "don't worry, he hasn't bucked anyone off in 3 WEEKS now!"


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0