The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Looking for a jumper...help? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/looking-jumper-help-57501/)

xoSonnyLove1234 06-17-2010 09:34 AM

Looking for a jumper...help?

Could you guys help me find a jumper for sale? I would like him to have jumped 3'6 or 3'9 with ability to go higher, show expierence, nothing more than 3500 dollars, and a temprament at the highest at 5. He should be somewhere in the michigan area or somewhere close to michigan. (nothing more than a 6hr drive from flint) I would prefer either a TB or warmblood or a warmblood cross. But i am open to anything!
Also i would like this horse to be 15.3 to 17.2. I would prefer geldings as well.

Thanks!

sarahver 06-17-2010 09:38 AM

Wow, can you get a horse jumping that well with a good temperament for under 3500??? No advice sorry, just interested in the state of the horse market at the moment!

xoSonnyLove1234 06-17-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 663097)
Wow, can you get a horse jumping that well with a good temperament for under 3500??? No advice sorry, just interested in the state of the horse market at the moment!

haha. Yes you can. I have one i am looking at with a temperament of 3 jumps 4ft and is 3,000 dollars so its possible. I just need some help.

maura 06-17-2010 10:29 AM

No, I don't think you do need help. If that one vets reasonably sound, buy it.

A comparable horse in my area is in the 15 - 20K range.

sarahver 06-17-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maura (Post 663139)

I wondered for a minute whether I had missed a 0 on the end of that price and it was actually 35,000!! I knew the horse market was struggling but I had no idea it was quite so severe.

wannahorse22 06-17-2010 11:36 AM

I found some you might be interested in...

1. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-271018
2. Registered Thoro/looks and Acts Like a Quarter
3. Thoroughbred Horse for Sale in North Branch, Michigan

Tell me what you think:)

Speed Racer 06-17-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 663180)
I wondered for a minute whether I had missed a 0 on the end of that price and it was actually 35,000!! I knew the horse market was struggling but I had no idea it was quite so severe.

The horse may also be misrepresented. Some reprehensible sellers do it all the time, and I'm rarely shocked anymore when someone says they got bamboozled and the horse isn't as it was represented.

If you do decide to take a chance on this animal, make sure you or your trainer ride him and put him through his paces, and have a complete PPE done up before purchase.

The horse may have some feet/back/leg/temperament issues that the seller is unwilling to disclose.

A sound, sane horse with that much ability who consistently wins is never sold that inexpensively, so I'd be a little leery and go in with your eyes wide open.

xoSonnyLove1234 06-17-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 663237)
The horse may also be misrepresented. Some reprehensible sellers do it all the time, and I'm rarely shocked anymore when someone says they got bamboozled and the horse isn't as it was represented.

If you do decide to take a chance on this animal, make sure you or your trainer ride him and put him through his paces, and have a complete PPE done up before purchase.

The horse may have some feet/back/leg/temperament issues that the seller is unwilling to disclose.

A sound, sane horse with that much ability who consistently wins is never sold that inexpensively, so I'd be a little leery and go in with your eyes wide open.

I intend to have me ride him as well as my trainer. We are being very picky and arent going to see this horse without every one of our questions answered. Thanks for your response it always means a lot to me.

xoSonnyLove1234 06-17-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannahorse22 (Post 663228)

Thanks wannahorse! I saw the first one on my search this morning and i am definatley keeping an eye on him. Not a fan of the 2nd one but i do like the 3rd one. I just wish he was jumped higher.:]
Thanks again :]

Alwaysbehind 06-17-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maura (Post 663139)

That was my thought also.

Wow, way cheap for a made, sound, show horse. Even aged models tend to sell for more than that.

None of these have experience at the height the OP wants a horse to have experience at. Most of them actually have basically no jumping experience. Which is about what you get at this price range.