The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Happy Feelings! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/happy-feelings-57537/)

horseluver2435 06-17-2010 06:47 PM

Happy Feelings!

My horse makes me so happy! I rode with two other girls today, working on W/T and then a bit of cantering. But Rainy's improved soo much! She responding to my leg cues, my seat cues, everything! :)

What has your horse(/s) done lately to make you happy?

MyBoyPuck 06-17-2010 09:22 PM

My horse recently did a 30 minute trail loop by himself without so much as a spook. We have always gone out with other horses in the past, but fellow trail riders have been hard to come by, so we've been working on going out alone. I am extremely proud of him.

Strange 06-18-2010 01:10 AM

Well, earlier today three dogs were trying to herd us while I was hacking around.

Granted, Willie's been faced with that before and just stood there, but one of the dogs was feinting nipping at his heels, so I'm just glad he didn't try to land a kick or two.

princess warrior 06-18-2010 01:09 PM

Well, my horse saved my dogs life a few days ago. We were trail riding and a coyote came out of no where and attacked my dog. My horse got the coyote off my dog and cut it like a cow to let the dog got away. This happened a few times before we could make a run for it, and when we did the coyote still chased us. My mare just went the same speed as the dog, usually she is a speed demond. There were times were she stood inbetween the coyote and my dog, perfectly still waiting for it to move and it was maybe 2 ft away, I could look right into its eyes. It was like she knew she had to save the dog. Ive had the mare 4 years, never been able to ride her till now , shes had bad experiences, terrible training and so its taken a lot of work , a lot of work to get to where she is today, but we have formed a great bond and she is turning out to be the best horse I have ever had, Ican proudly say. She makes me very happy and is helping me get over my paint-Warrior-R.I.P My black lab Boone is on anti-biotics for wounds and pain meds but she is going to be just fine.

ToHotToTrot 06-18-2010 01:13 PM

My horse did good yesterday for barrels compared to when we started. We got a 21, knocked 2 seconds off our 23sec time;D

horseluver2435 06-18-2010 09:56 PM

Yay for everyone! :) I have a show tomorrow, so I'm hoping her being good keeps up.

Strange 06-19-2010 10:52 PM

I bet it will!

I don't know about other horses, but I feel like Willie is always much better behaved when we're away from home!

boxer 06-20-2010 08:47 AM

my horse has been comfortable being ridden out in the paddocks. She was getting quite herd bound and naughty when out of the arena but yesterday I rode her in my lesson (with one other horse but not her best buddy) out in one of the bigger paddocks and she was awesome, didn't spook at a single thing and by the end I felt comfortable enough with her to take her for a big stretched out canter across the paddock-first time ever!! Before when cantering I never really felt confident enough with her to let her really stretch out so yesterday was so good. And she came straight back down into a beautiful collected walk when I aksed her to. I felt so happy afterwards.

horseluver2435 06-20-2010 10:51 AM

Congrats Boxer! :) Rainy and I took home 1st in English Equitation, Walk/Trot, 2nd in English Pleasure, Walk/Trot, 3rd in Halter Fine Horse, and 3rd in Walk/Trot Trail! :) It was an awesome day.

AtheistForever 06-25-2010 07:07 PM

The horse I usually ride (coloured Billy) is fantastic.I know it's supposed to be recently but I have to tell ye about what he has done.

I was just learning how to canter,I was coming around the corner and losing my balance on my left side so I went to the right to get it back.I completely lost my balance and fell off.Billy stopped fully.I think my leg was still in the stirrup.

After a lesson I brought him up to the stalls and stables,I was asking which one did he have to go into and he backed into a stall perfectly without any help from me.When I have to back a horse into a stall it's a bit hard.

I am almost able to perfectly sit in a sadle while cantering and it was on Billy when I started sitting almost perfectly.

He has (maybe) the best canter.

I'm riding a different horse now.His name is Henry.

Last Saturday we were doing a trek.We go to the forest and have to walk on the road to get there.I was third last.Henry kept slipping on the road.It's a flat tar road but we go down a hill to the forest.It was only him and I don't know if there was anything wrong with his shoes or anything on his shoes.We reached the forest and had to canter together.I was really nervous about the canter together because of Henry slipping.I amn't usually nervous about the canter in the forest.There is a path in the forest which we use and there is a hill we go over.I didn't want to do it so I trotted quickly and kept up with Aoife who was in front of me.I think Henry understood I didn't want to canter because he was only trotting as quick as he could without cantering.I did a canter a couple of times just to catch up but never when we were going around the corners and Henry didn't try.
Aoife was really ahead of me so I kicked Henry onto canter and he was brilliant.I think he was getting faster and faster and I was worried he would start galloping.It really felt like he would but we caught up with Aoife.I don't think I would have minded much becaus it felt like Henry would have slowed down if I asked.I really like him now.

Sorry for the long post.