The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   do you think she will drop soon? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/do-you-think-she-will-drop-57573/)

preciousdiamond 06-18-2010 08:27 AM

do you think she will drop soon?

3 Attachment(s)
is she due to drop yet?
ive been up for a week camping at my yard waiting for foal think i attached pics not good at this :?
these pics were 2 days ago
Attachment 33550

Attachment 33551

Attachment 33552

she is 333 days she has a bag with a sticky clear substance when her teets are squeezed so i'm assuming this is colostrum. her belly has dropped down not so round looking as it was, her vulva has relaxed and there was a little bit of liquid coming out last night clear stuff and this morn her vulva has also gone more red colour inside, she was rubbing like crazy lasr night and got up and down making uncomfortable noisesand just standing there not eaten i put her out this morn and she seemed happy eating the grass any idea if soon need sleep
:shock:

lilkitty90 06-18-2010 12:35 PM

well how much was she leaking out of her vulva? just a few drips? then you should be getting pretty close. her teats look full and ready you jsut have to wait for it to milky white color. i never paid much attention to my mares vulva because one day i'd be tight and the next it would be loose so that was never a good indicator for me. but a few days before our amares foaled she was definitely dripping little drops every now and then. and just keep a watch on the liquid in the teats! when it turns milky white your ready! and it CAN change practically over night so check everyday!

preciousdiamond 06-18-2010 12:41 PM

only dripping a little could i wash them?

her vulva had a few drips it was like yellowy and thick like mucus. her teets only drip a lcouple of drops. the teets get like yellow/ white crust on them should i clean them or just leave it on there she is a maiden mare and its my first foal.

lilkitty90 06-18-2010 12:51 PM

it's alright i just had my first foal too = ) if it's on the tip of the teats leave it. but if it's on the actual bag you can clean it off. i think your girl could take a little more bagging up. but she may not if she is maiden. and my mare when she was realyl close to foaling all you had to do was barely touch her bag and milk would come out or she would lay down and you could see the milk run out all over the place so she may have another week or two. but mares are so crazy you never know until it comes they always changing their minds. silly girls!

preciousdiamond 06-18-2010 05:44 PM

another week

how despressing i will be exhausted by the end of it another week that sucks

trailhorserider 06-19-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preciousdiamond (Post 664544)
how despressing i will be exhausted by the end of it another week that sucks

I know the feeling. I thought my girl would go anytime since the end of May. I am still waiting. :shock:

preciousdiamond 06-19-2010 04:21 AM

hope its not that long

u must be going mad as we are half waythrough june she wil be 340 day next fri so i have my fingers crossed

trailhorserider 06-19-2010 09:28 PM

Preciousdiamond, I am wondering if what you see coming from your mare's vulva is the mucous plug?

They are suppose to expel a "mucous plug" a couple of days before they foal. If you see the mucous plug you know she will foal soon, like within 72 hours if my memory serves me correct?

I keep looking for it on my mare but haven't seen it yet. Apparently it's really easy to miss because it can be expelled but you may never see it unless you catch it at the right time.

My mare also drips a little urine now and then when she does that clearing-the-nostrils-snorting thing they do when they eat.

I would love to see the mucous plug because then I would know I need to really keep vigil. Right now I am just checking on her late before I go to bed. I haven't been staying up at night yet because I keep waiting to see more signs. Like the milk color to change, the udder to get fuller, and the mucous plug and such. So far, not much is happening in that regard. :?

PS. What breed is your girl? She's a really neat blue roan!

preciousdiamond 06-20-2010 06:50 PM

i need more signs i think

she is a new forest pony she took her sire colour and movement.
i'm waiting for mik change at mo until then i've decided to check her late at night as getting up every hour and half is killing mre off

preciousdiamond 06-26-2010 07:19 AM

washer due dtae yest but no foal yet more pics any closer??

3 Attachment(s)
hey still waiting 340 days yest exactly 11 months since she concieved. starting bagging up almost 4 weeks ago. no foal yet, no clear stickystuff is coming out now excpet for dry yellow bits on end of her teets and the udder has white bits of skin on it and teh teets are really smooth. added some pics to see if you can tell me how long? she is a maiden mare. i want this foal to pop out soon i booked week off work so im around all the time.
Attachment 34015

Attachment 34016

Attachment 34017