The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I Need A Hobby!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-need-hobby-57713/)

truefarmersheart 06-20-2010 06:27 AM

I Need A Hobby!!

Hi all, my friend and I really need a horsey hobby!!! When she moves in we'll have two horses to ride on babysitting days but I'm afraid we'll get bored. Any suggestions??

speedy da fish 06-20-2010 11:14 AM

trail riding, jumping, pony club style games or just groom etc

truefarmersheart 06-22-2010 03:21 AM

Sorry, I meant when we're not with the horses and have our children with us...sorry for not putting it clearer. Just something related to horses we can do or anything...

AlmostThere 06-23-2010 01:52 AM

I'm confused. Are you trying to think of something horsey to do with the kids? Or something you can still do with the horses while yo have little ones underfoot? How many kids and what ages? Are they your kids? You said "babysitting days" in your first post and "our children" in the second.

truefarmersheart 06-25-2010 03:37 AM

Sorry, I'm confusing everyone. My friend and I both have two year old children. While we're at home with the children I'd like us to have something to do, something based on horses but can do without them. I've been thinking about leather work but that doesn't interest my friend. Maybe a site of how to make halters, saddle blankets, etc. Something to do that connects with horses but not having to be with them.

CharliGirl 06-25-2010 12:31 PM

Tying rope halters? Sewing English saddle pads? Cleaning tack? You could make these for your own supplies, but they could be sold as well.

Speed Racer 06-25-2010 12:37 PM

Repairing and cleaning blankets, fly sheets, and saddle pads for people.

Not only will it keep you busy, you'll also make some extra money into the bargain.

Those of us who have full time jobs and horses at home don't have time to do it ourselves.