The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron - Movie ALL Horse Lovers Should Know! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/spirit-stallion-cimarron-movie-all-horse-57724/)

Thorn4 06-20-2010 01:19 PM

Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron - Movie ALL Horse Lovers Should Know!

1 Attachment(s)
I have watched this movie since I was a kid. It was a personal favorite when I was home sick with the flu, especially if I couldn't sleep.

So, I want to know how many of you have seen this movie, and if you have any stories about it? Or just your overall opinion on the film.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. :-)

Thanks for looking.

MacabreMikolaj 06-20-2010 01:49 PM

LOL, I must be getting old - I read what you posted and went "Since she was a kid???? Didn't it just come out a few years ago?" It's been 8 years!

Loved the movie, and absolutely ADORE the soundtrack.

palominolover 06-20-2010 03:36 PM

i love that movie =)

Sissimut-icehestar 06-20-2010 03:41 PM

Looooove it. I'm looking for it on DVD on the internet since I can't find my VHS version, but the version I'm looking for is hard to come by.

Carleen 06-20-2010 04:59 PM

Oh, I used to watch it all the time! Not to mention, I had the computer game too!

xdrybonesxvalleyx 06-20-2010 05:05 PM

That was my thought too! I don't remember that movie until only a few years ago. It's a nice movie, though. A girl I babysit LOVES watching it.

AlmostThere 06-20-2010 05:17 PM

I liked it better than I thought I would when I saw the previews. My daughters used to watch the first 15 minutes (the parts where he is still little) over and over again. I definitely like the voice they used in the actual film better than the voice in the preview. I also liked that all the talking was in his head (or as a narrator) and he was like a regular horse to the humans, not some twisted Disney version of a talking horse.

I do think they gloss over the whole how he took over for his father part (makes it seem like his father just graciously stepped down, or some horrible accident - not at all related to the healthy growing new stallion :wink: - took him out of the picture - but this is a kids film after all).

There were definitely some parts that made me tear up - I especially liked the part where he's given up hope because he thinks the Indian mare died, and he's loaded onto the train, and he sees his family in the swirling snow.

The animation is reasonably well done, though they have some trouble integrating the computer animation with the drawn animation.

I do, however, love the soundtrack.

speedy da fish 06-20-2010 05:26 PM

wow did it really come out 8 years ago?! yeah ive watched it, love it and i cry every time! lol

oh and have the soundtrack on my ipod :P

whiskeynoo 06-20-2010 05:34 PM

i loveeee this film :) i also have it on my ipod, i let my best friend who is terrified of horses and even she loved it and teared up at some parts :P

equiniphile 06-20-2010 05:50 PM

Lol I love it! Mostly unrealistic but that adds to the fun :)
Posted via Mobile Device