The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   art update (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/art-update-57774/)

Equusketch 06-21-2010 12:52 AM

art update

4 Attachment(s)
I know I have been MIA lately, but I thought I'd share some recent art I have done or am still working on. For some reason, I've been getting dog requests lately. Tonight I decided to kick back and draw a friend's horse that she recently bought.

Here is what I have been up to:

1. WIP of a mix breed puppy in colored pencil. This is actually my second attempt at this drawing because I was not happy with the first attempt. It's been quite a challenge because of the unusual color and pattern of the coat.

2. acrylic painting I did of my cousin's Lhasa apso Zoey for her birthday

3. acrylic painting I have done as a commission

4. And finally, a horse!!! I did this in about an hour tonight.

Kayty 06-22-2010 05:45 AM

Beautiful Liz!! You're brave working in coloured pencil, it scares me haha! Fantastic job of it though looking forward to seeing it finished.

Equusketch 07-03-2010 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the colored pencil drawing thus far. I am for the most part done with the dog. Now I have to muster up the courage to draw the grass all around her like in the original photograph...lol.

aandbminis 07-03-2010 11:49 PM

wow I wish I had your talent..... love all of them

equiniphile 07-04-2010 12:06 AM

That's spectacular, how long have you been drawing?

juniormylove 07-04-2010 07:40 PM

wow those are absolutely stunning! I can only hope to someday be able to draw anywhere near as well as you! [if that made any sense at all]

do you have a deviantART account? I'd love to be able to watch you.

Equusketch 07-05-2010 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
equiniphile- I have been drawing literally since I have been able to hold a crayon in my hand. I have no training at all, just a lot of practice and some advice from artist friends.

juniormylove- I don't have a diviantART account. Perhaps one day. I have seen your art and deifnately see a ton of potential. I love the softness of your drawings and the emotion you capture. Keep up the good work!

Here is the dog drawing completed with the background. I wasn't too happy with the grass, but the owner likes it, so I will leave it alone...lol.

Equusketch 07-05-2010 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this one. I did this graphite drawing for a friend of mine who lost her horse to lightning a couple weeks ago. So sad!