The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Morganshow11's progress with Rowdy! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/morganshow11s-progress-rowdy-57816/)

zanyoutthere 06-21-2010 04:31 PM

Morganshow11's progress with Rowdy!

10 Attachment(s)
As some of you know my sister (morganshow11) went through training with Rowdy. She now baords at the same place where she got hom trained. She is doing speed event and is now hooked on barrel racing. She went to a show last month and got 1st place out of 12 people! She is also doing a new sport called vaulting, which is gymnastics on a moving horse/vaulting barrel.. i will have more pics coming..Any questions about anyhting dont hesitate to ask:)

JustDressageIt 06-21-2010 04:37 PM

Please tell her that bareback saddles with stirrups are very dangerous; since they don't have a tree it is very very easy to become unbalanced and put more weight in one stirrup and get hung up when you fall.

zanyoutthere 06-21-2010 04:40 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Vaulting pics:

zanyoutthere 06-21-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 667056)
Please tell her that bareback saddles with stirrups are very dangerous; since they don't have a tree it is very very easy to become unbalanced and put more weight in one stirrup and get hung up when you fall.

OKay i will be sure to :) thank you

zanyoutthere 06-21-2010 04:46 PM

7 Attachment(s)
And more pics.. i will hvae some more posted soon of her vaulting competition that took place yesterday

JustDressageIt 06-21-2010 04:51 PM

Thanks. It's a big safety issue; my tack store won't even carry bareback pads that have rings to attach stirrups to.
Please also let her know that that tie-down is quite low on his nose - if it slips another inch and he tosses his head, his airway will be compromised. Not a critique, these are both safety issues.

Deerly 06-21-2010 05:01 PM

Those vaulting pictures are awesome! I think that is such a unique and awesome sport to be part of!

I went to a vaulting camp when I was much much younger and didn't do anything that fancy but it sure was fun!

zanyoutthere 06-21-2010 05:01 PM

I don't think she rides in the bareback saddle anymore, but I will still let her know! And okay i will tell her that too. Thanks for your help..If you have any tips or anything please let me know

zanyoutthere 06-21-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deerly (Post 667090)
Those vaulting pictures are awesome! I think that is such a unique and awesome sport to be part of!

I went to a vaulting camp when I was much much younger and didn't do anything that fancy but it sure was fun!

Haha, Yes it is VERY interesting to watch! You should really look into it..Its a really great sport!!

My2Geldings 06-21-2010 05:02 PM

Allie couldn't have said any better about the safety issues.

As for the vaulting-fantastic pictures! I'm jealous! the old barn I was at had a team but never had the time to commit to it. Very jealous! Great pics!