The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Riding with baby (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/riding-baby-57828/)

ilovesonya 06-21-2010 05:55 PM

Riding with baby

Rode Sonya the other day, and Rumour decided to run beside momma!
Here is a pic. I got some video's too, but they just wont seem to work. :cry:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...withrumour.jpg

palominolover 06-21-2010 05:57 PM

aww that's really cute =)

MacabreMikolaj 06-21-2010 06:01 PM

Hehehehe, I broke Zierra to saddle doing that. :lol: We had about 60 acres of fenced pasture where I used to ride, and when she was a yearling I had this old featherweight kid's English saddle I'd throw on her everytime I went for a ride and then I'd just turn her loose in the pasture and let her chase us!

Then again, she wasn't weaned until she was a year and a half. :roll:

Adorable photo!

My2Geldings 06-21-2010 06:05 PM

That is so freaking cute. Years ago, I used to ride in the pasture where the miniatures were kept and sometimes, the one mare would follow us. She actually started to "attack" us and rear up to play...that's when I quit riding out there :lol: as cute as it was and as much as my horse didn't care, it was just to weird :?

Vidaloco 06-21-2010 07:03 PM

I remember riding when our girls were babies *sigh* I wish I had some photos of it.

ilovesonya 06-22-2010 08:01 AM

I am hoping that Rumour will be easier to train because she has seen Sonya being ridden, and Sonya didnt have a problem with it.
Rumour is such a fast learner though, so I'm not worried. She had leading pretty much perfect at 3 weeks, she doesn't move at all when I groom her, and she is ok with her feet being picked up. She also let me toss my sweater on her back, and didn't even flinch.
I am hoping she will be easy, since she is most likely going to be huge!

RoCru 06-22-2010 08:23 AM

So adorable!!!

Walkamile 06-22-2010 08:46 AM

Awwwww, so cute! Brought back memories of when Walka was a youngin and followed me and T around the arena.

Makes me almost want another. "Deep sigh"

Jacksmama 06-22-2010 08:55 AM

Aww, I used to ride Jacks mama with him along side! Lol, he was really bad about trying to climb on mamas back with me.

ilovesonya 06-22-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacksmama (Post 667711)
Aww, I used to ride Jacks mama with him along side! Lol, he was really bad about trying to climb on mamas back with me.

Haha, Rumour has never done that, although i had a lot of warnings that she would. She likes it when I ride Sonya, because then she gets to run around like a little devil and doesn't get in trouble with Sonya. The only bad thing she has done is kicked Sonya in the rump when she was bucking. It didnt hurt Sonya tho, I think it was more of a "Come on mommy, let's play!"