The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   would it be a good idea?..saddle size and abetta saddle review (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/would-good-idea-saddle-size-abetta-57839/)

Gidget 06-21-2010 08:31 PM

would it be a good idea?..saddle size and abetta saddle review

to get the same saddle online as I have now as long as I know the measurements? I really do love my wintec and saddles are hard to sell it seems. I could always try selling it. I want to get $200 out of it. I think that is decent. I need a light weight saddle for my horse due to her back. I don't feel like putting a 50lb saddle on her:shock: That just sounds horrible. My wintec weighs 19 lbs I believe. The lighter the better.

Who likes abetta saddles and what do you think of them.

payette 06-21-2010 10:57 PM

I've ridden in a few, and they are decent. Lightweight, easy to clean, etc. I really don't like synthetic western saddles much, but abettas were definitely functional, and fairly comfy.

vivache 06-21-2010 11:20 PM

I loved the Abetta I rode in when I was a wee beginner. So comfy. It was an endurance saddle, so it had no horn and more secure stirrups. It also had a center-fired girth, which means the weight is more equally spread over the horse's back.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...bils/Joey2.jpg

Gidget 06-22-2010 03:14 AM

I like my synthetic saddles. Just because they are light weight for my horse and I.

I was thinking about an endurance saddle. But I don't do anything endurance like so is that pointless? I like the style.

vivache 06-22-2010 03:18 AM

No, it's not pointless. It's designed for comfort. They're very supportive. As one of the boarders at my old barn said 'it has the benefits of the western saddle without the dagger in the front.'

Gidget 06-22-2010 03:27 AM

HAHAHAHA...awesome. I like them a lot.

It's embarassing to say this but one time I went to get off my horse and my bra got caught onto the horn and I couldnt get it off for a few. I had it happen the other day. I'm not digging the horn lately,lol. I'm very careful now!

vivache 06-22-2010 03:29 AM

I flashed an entire trail ride group. I went to get off of Razz(15.2hh), did it too fast, hooked my bra, and up it went as I dismounted!

THIS is why I now ride the Tennessee Walkers in a dressage saddle!

Gidget 06-22-2010 03:33 AM

LOL!~

Oh man,that would make me fall to my grave if that happened to me!
I will defiently save for an endurance saddle. They look so neat and now I realized that I don't need to use the horn to get in my saddle...yes, I would grab the horn and cantle and pull...total newb...now I get it and have build up strength to were I don't have to do that anymore.

kitten_Val 06-22-2010 08:30 AM

Personally I don't like Abetta, because it puts my legs in wrong position (too forward). But out of synthetic saddles on market it would be my #1 choice. I think they are decent for the price.

dee 06-22-2010 09:29 AM

I thought about the Abetta - I like riding with my legs a tad forward - makes me feel a bit more balanced. However, I also like the thought of a treeless saddle - I just wish they weren't so expensive. I do need the saddle horn - at least for a while longer. I confess I use it when mounting...and dismounting...and riding - sometimes...it's a kind of security blanket right now.