The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Do you show? (: (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/do-you-show-57923/)

Bluezepher94 06-22-2010 06:35 PM

Do you show? (:

I've never showed before (I've only been riding a little over 2 years), but I might in the future. If I do, I think it'd be in Equitation. :]

Do you show?
If you do show, what do you show in and for how long have you showed? :D

kmdstar 06-22-2010 06:40 PM

I did one show last year which was my first and I plan on doing one show per month this summer hoping I can find transportation. I hope to show alot more next summer when I have my own truck and trailer. It's way too hard finding transport!

I mainly do gaming, 3 of the 4 shows I have planned this summer are gaming shows. The other one and the first one I did are just local shows with english/western mixed together. We showed english pleasure, equitation, trail and barrel racing.

Bluezepher94 06-22-2010 06:44 PM

Cool :D
I'm always scared that the second I walk into the ring I'll completely forget how to ride. xDD
And do you think 16+ is too old to start showing? S:

kmdstar 06-22-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluezepher (Post 668170)
Cool :D
I'm always scared that the second I walk into the ring I'll completely forget how to ride. xDD
And do you think 16+ is too old to start showing? S:

I kind of zone out when I'm riding in front of alot of people but I'm starting to finally hear people when they talk to me LOL.

I definately don't think that is too old to start showing! Besides I was 16 when I started showing last year :p

ridergirl23 06-22-2010 07:50 PM

I love showing, we only do a few shows a year because they're so expensive! I show dressage ( I used to do hunters)
For me it took a while (and I still get worked up) to relax in the ring and ride normally. I have showed since I was... 9 or ten I think. But I started showing dressage a few years ago. 16 is definatly not to old to start! I know 40yr olds who are just starting! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bluezepher94 06-23-2010 12:22 AM

Haha, okay, thanks :D

I don't know *anything* about showing, so I have a lot to learn. xD
And to buy. D:

krissy3 07-28-2010 10:55 AM

I show my miniatures..the hardest thing about it is looking relaxed and natural in the arena.

King 07-28-2010 11:21 AM

My horse hasn't got the conformation to show unfortunately so no :(
I've showed before though, and it's good fun :)

qharabluver 07-29-2010 12:48 AM

I Have shown quite a bit sadly not so much this year I haven't had enough time. When I do show I compete in quite a few different things Dressage, jumpers, Hunter, Hack (generally hunter under saddle and english pleasure), I've also done reining, horsemanship, trail, western horsemanship, and then halter(with and Arabian and a Quarter horse), and showmanship.

FancyPants 07-29-2010 12:55 AM

I've showed a million and a half times.. Western Pleasure and Eq, English Pleasure and Eq and a little hunter, and now Barrel Racing. ;]
It is really fun and a good experience for you and your horse.:]

Oh and Halter and Showmanship. :]