The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hey... I am new... (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hey-i-am-new-58018/)

walkergal 06-23-2010 08:59 PM

Hey... I am new...

Hey everyone,
I am Olivia... or Livvie... I have been riding for 5 years, 6 years in July!! I have ridden more than 20 different horses... i stopped riding which is really upsetting but my knee has been killing me and I cant keep my ankles down due to major pain!! I taught a Tennesse Walker horse how to jump... that is when i realized that i wanted to train horses and start my own rescue barn.

I went to my first show last October and receieved 2nd place... it was so not a formal show because the formal show we were going to was cancelled and we found a quick replacement. My trainer tells me i have a 'gift' i can jump on any horse and they listen. She said they like the way i ride them, i am gentle yet stern... i guess you could say riding is like second nature to me... :P

I miss riding... the new trainer that my barn hired well she made me cry... like i said i have been riding for almost six years and the new trainer was acting as if it was the first time i had jumped on a horse... SO that ticked me a little but it made me realize i was ready to move on and get better.

JUMPING is my life.... i love it... that is what i want to do is just jump and jump and jump!!! I love the equitation aspect of english but jumping just kinda speaks to me...

Okay, that's about it

Thanks for readin'

:D

Woodsy 06-25-2010 12:20 AM

Cool! I'm new to the forum too! Horse lover/ owner all my life though.

Saying hey to everyone here!

RedTree 06-25-2010 08:41 AM

heyy :)
Are you still riding now? or have you stopped.
That would be a bummer about your knee though. Hope it gets better

speedy da fish 06-25-2010 02:11 PM

welcome to HF

and get well soon! so you can get back in the saddle x

walkergal 06-27-2010 08:18 PM

yeah i haven't ridden since i think march or before... its horrib;e!!! i still havent gone to the doctor... ugh./.. i am going to ride as soon i as i can... i am changing barns and i can't wait to ge back in the saddle :D