The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   What's your horse's show name? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/whats-your-horses-show-name-58038/)

equiniphile 06-23-2010 11:01 PM

What's your horse's show name?

I thought it would be cool if everyone posted their horses' show and barn names. I'll start. The horses I've had who had show names are/were.....

Sultan's Concubine (Connie)
Kit's Bo M. (Beaux)
Sir Arthur (Arthur)
Steel Soldier (Steely)
Posted via Mobile Device

Arksly 06-23-2010 11:16 PM

I don't have all of these horses now but...
Encore (Arnie)
Misty (M)
Comanche (Jesse)
Woodwinds Hermese (Hermese)
and
Frobisher (Froby)

tempest 06-23-2010 11:17 PM

The ones I've ridden in shows are:

Springtown Primrose (Peach)
Meg
Tomoro's Liberty Bill (Billy)
Christmas Ribbons (Ribbon)
Hawk-Sadly I've forgotten his show name
Christmas Drummer (Drummer)
Rocket
Dezarie (Dez)
Ha-Ho Razz

MIEventer 06-23-2010 11:27 PM

My guys origional show name was Quantum Leap, but then when I had the American Jockey Club read his tattoo, I found out his registered name is Prime Target - which is now his show name :)

My Beau 06-23-2010 11:50 PM

Beau - My Beau (his registered name is "Dolly Observer" - BLECHHH!)

Cav - Cavalina (may make her "Sweet Thing" at some local shows that don't track points)

Daisy - Quick n'Icy (Jockey Club name), if she ever shows she's probably be Daisy Dukes because I call her that ALL the time :)

Sketter 06-24-2010 12:14 AM

My guy show name is Sky's the limit
His barn name is Skeeter (I know its spelt wrong on Hf.. Can't figure out how to change it)
His registured name is Mosquito Lake... Which I think is the stupidest name ever lol everyone laughs when I tell them his registerd name!

Dressage10135 06-24-2010 12:33 AM

My horses show name is I Dance In Rivers, and his barn name is Stacca... dont ask me where either name came from because I have no clue :lol:

ThatNinjaHorse 06-24-2010 01:07 AM

Sandy Bar Midnight Ninja (now that we're doing dressage, they have been abbreviating it to "SBM Ninja" so it will fit on the sheet :lol:)

Not sure if the system is the same, but here a horses registered name IS the show name (and often the first part of the name is the breeders prefix). I read sometimes on this forum that a horse will have a different show name to a registered name. Can that be true? Or am i just reading things wrong or something?

A couple of our other horses reg names are: (wont put em all, we have a few lol)

Scotts Vodka cruiser
Abbey skye
Lone Pine Rhythm
Sundeck Sunray
Birdwood grand finale
Mirkwood exquisite

Citrus 06-24-2010 01:09 AM

Is there a difference between show names and registered names??

Citrus' registered name is STARS BURN MY EYES. I don't know what I will come up with if I need a show name as well.

ThatNinjaHorse 06-24-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 669564)
Is there a difference between show names and registered names??

Thats what i ment, i didnt think so.. not here anyway