The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Another maybe...thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/another-maybe-thoughts-58152/)

QHDragon 06-25-2010 05:30 PM

Another maybe...thoughts?

lady - Sorrel Quarter Horse for Sale in Hastings, Michigan MI - FREE Ads

I plan to call them when I get home so not any more information of her other than the few words in their ad. What does everybody think of her conformation though? Her chest looks kind of odd to me.

Still looking for a horse for dressage and BN eventing.

draftrider 06-25-2010 06:47 PM

I don't think the bottom of her neck ties into her chest very well. To me, it looks thick and clunky. I don't like the way she holds herself, its like her neck is too thick top to bottom and it looks stiff. I honestly don't think she'd make a high level dressage horse.

draftrider 06-25-2010 06:49 PM

Did you see this Arab? He is in Kalamazoo and also a very decent price. He's a much better looking horse than the mare you posted.

JS Kira Rax - Bay Arabian for Sale in Plainwell, Michigan MI - FREE Ads

QHDragon 06-25-2010 10:01 PM

I like him, but it says he has a leg injury and I don't think he can jump.

MIEventer 06-26-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

I honestly don't think she'd make a high level dressage horse.
This horse wouldn't be used for High Level Dressage. This horse would be used for Low Level Dressage and very low level Eventing. Any horse can do that.

draftrider 06-26-2010 03:22 PM

Then if any horse will do for what she needs, why even ask for a critique?

MIEventer 06-26-2010 03:31 PM

Good question

Instead of asking for a critique - my suggestion is get a Vet out to do a full vet examination, ride the horse, take it on a trial and go from there.

That's the best way to determin whether the horse is right or not.

draftrider 06-26-2010 03:46 PM

Good point.

I can understand asking for a conformation critique for a horse for a very specific purpose. But as you say, any horse will be able to perform the tasks she is looking for, a vet exam is the best critique.

I still do say that this mare is kind of.... Sorry but her neck is all sorts of wrong to me. If I were to go out and purchase a horse, it would not be her.

Deerly 06-26-2010 05:31 PM

Seven year old broke horse for $600?!!?!?! I need to move, lol!

QHDragon 06-26-2010 05:56 PM

And it sounds like she is really really broke.

And you guys really don't need to be rude, I was asking for some opinions on this horse's conformation.