The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

was she testing me

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SorrelHorse 
#1 ·
Yesterday I was riding and we did our circles,backed up,walked around a lot,trotted and loped some.She was being a bit stubborn but she was listening to me more than she usually did which I was happy about.
The thing is I we were galloping and she bucked once or twice. I stayed on and was perfectly fine..she doesn't buck high. I checked to see if she was in pain like the vet showed me and she didn't do anything and she usually will stomp her foot,glare at you,or threaten to bite you...she will defiently let you know if she hurts. I continued to ride and we did the same thing (wanted to see if she would do it again or if she would throw a fit for some reason) and she never did at all so my question is was she testing me to see if I could stay on? or just excited cause i let her run?

#5 ·
Sounds like a good case of what I like to call the 'WOOOHOOO" bucks. I would guess that she was just feeling her oats a bit. Those will go away in time and with a few more gallops. If they were more threatening bucks, I would be concerned. I know that bucking is a big no-no but occasionally, a horse that is excited is just gonna hafta do it.

#6 ·
I agree with everyone about her just being excited. You'll often see these small bucks with a very fresh horse when starting a ride, too. If you're on a fresh (or just plain happy to be out) horse, watch for the head going down as a sign a buck may be coming, and getting their head up will often prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.