The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   US: Billy Cook Wade Tree Saddle - $1050 (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/us-billy-cook-wade-tree-saddle-58205/)

Pony Tail 06-26-2010 04:13 PM

US: Billy Cook Wade Tree Saddle - $1050

Hi There! I'm putting a saddle up for sale. To be honest, it was an impulse buy *sigh*. It looked awesome but it only fit one of my horses. I'm a trainer, and so all the other horses that I'm riding now, are all slender gaited horses and this isn't a gaited horse saddle.

It's been gently used. It still is very much almost new. It's spent more time in my garage under a cover than on a horse. Sad, but true!

I'd love to keep it, but it doesn't make sense to do so, since I've sold the horse it fit. So...now the saddle spends all the time in the garage under a cover.

Here are some of the details:

Billy Cook Arbuckle Wade Tree Saddle (all around western):

Tree: Wade rawhide covered full Q.H. (Wide) bars---for low or "mutton" withered, or wide-backed horses.

Seat Size: 15" -- it might look wide in the pictures, but it's really not. You feel secure, don't "swim" around in it (I'm 5'4" with an average body size). It's a slick fork, so you can ride it as is, or add a set of "bucking rolls" to it to feel more held in. I've ridden in it both ways, I really like the plain slick fork better.

Gullet: 7" -- considered a wide tree.

Entire Saddle Size: 26" long---round skirt to fit both a long back or a shorter back.

Horn: 4" Post horn with wrap
Swell: 9" leather covered
Cantle: 4"

Rigging: Flat plate rigging with brass hardware 7/8 position
Skirts: Artificial wool lined 26"
Cinch: 27 strand, Mohair

Stirrups: 3" Bell Rawhide covered
Pattern: Waffle border
Weight: Approximately 42 lbs.

Made in Sulphur, Oklahoma (so, it's a real Billy Cook, not a knock-off)

I'm asking $1050 and I'm willing to take an offer. I'm really interested in getting an Imus gaited horse saddle, so if by any miracle you've got one and want to trade? Ooo. That would be cool. :wink:

http://easystephorsemanship.com/uplo...67/2663661.jpg

More pictures are on my website:
Stuff For Sale - EASY STEP HORSEMANSHIP

iridehorses 06-27-2010 07:42 AM

Nice saddle and worth the money - good luck with it.

Pony Tail 06-29-2010 03:43 AM

Thanks!

I hope it sells too. I almost had it sold a few days ago, but the lady backed out at the last minute. She realized she had to sell her dressage saddle first. lol.

Oh well.

I did sell another saddle for a client a while back. Took a while to get a buyer but it went through, so am crossing my fingers with this one.

The hell of it is....I really like the saddle! If I had a horse that would fit it, I'd keep it. But alas....oh York....it isn't to be.