The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Looking for new boots... (horse boots, not riding boots) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/looking-new-boots-horse-boots-not-58452/)

CloudsMystique 06-29-2010 01:28 PM

Looking for new boots... (horse boots, not riding boots)

I'm currently using Pro Choice SMB II boots and although I'm sure the protection aspect is great, I'm not impressed with their usability in sand and water. The arena at my barn has deep sand for reining, and the trails have a lot of water. Sand gets trapped inside of them and although it hasn't rubbed my horses, it can't be very comfortable for them. They soak up a LOT of water and become extremely heavy.

The SMB III boots and the VenTech Elite boots claim to keep dirt and sand out better, but what about water? Should I be looking at cross country boots?

mls 06-29-2010 01:49 PM

Try the SMB Elites.

CloudsMystique 06-29-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 674779)
Try the SMB Elites.

Do they do well in water?

StormyBlues 06-29-2010 05:16 PM

Woof Boots do very well in water. They don't soak up alot, and they're lightweight to start with.

CloudsMystique 06-29-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 675085)
Woof Boots do very well in water. They don't soak up alot, and they're lightweight to start with.

Thanks!

MIEventer 06-30-2010 07:59 PM

I use SMB's and I love them :)

My friend just got the brand new Ventech Elite SMB boots and she used them when we went schooling CC with a 3* Eventer, and she couldn't stop raving about them. They are specifically designed for Eventers, while still offering the protection.

I haven't tried them, but I would love to get my hands on a set :)

CloudsMystique 06-30-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 676467)
I use SMB's and I love them :)

My friend just got the brand new Ventech Elite SMB boots and she used them when we went schooling CC with a 3* Eventer, and she couldn't stop raving about them. They are specifically designed for Eventers, while still offering the protection.

I haven't tried them, but I would love to get my hands on a set :)

Thanks for the input! So does your friend not have a problem with the VenTech boots absorbing water?