The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Panic attack! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/panic-attack-58549/)

ISAgirl 06-30-2010 10:16 AM

Panic attack!

I'm so stresses out! Mum and dad just recently told me I can only have riding lessons every fortnight. I was just getting good and learning so much after a year! I'm really upset. I only get to ride 30 minutes a week now! I can't handle bot doing it everyweek it is my way of relaxing! How can they do this to me :( don't they see how much I love it.

My friends said I could ride their horses at pony club but what if I go back into bad habits? I know I sound dramatic but there are two things in life I'm passionate about and that's music and horses. Riding helped pull me out of my depression last year. It means everything to me. Maybe not having lessons every week will test how much I am actually learning... I don't know :(
Posted via Mobile Device

ridergirl23 06-30-2010 10:21 AM

aww, sorry to hear that. It is very hard not being able to ride as much as you like.
How many times were you. Riding last year?
Maybe talk to them about it, and maybe you could find a way to pay for an extra one, because riding lessons can be expensive, maybe they just can't afford so many. Is it a long way to drive?that can be really hard for your parents to drive so much and still get the stuff they need done, done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 06-30-2010 10:25 AM

You'll live.

It seems to me that your parents are trying to cut back somewhere, and unfortunately for you, weekly riding lessons are a luxury they probably just can't afford right now.

Instead of focusing on the bad, focus on the good. At least you'll still get to ride. Many of us, myself included, didn't ride as children because our parents couldn't or wouldn't let us take lessons.

I had to wait until I was an adult and had a full time job before I could take lessons and buy my own horse.

You'll just have to throw yourself more into your music on the days you don't ride.

Really, it's not a tragedy. Riding and lessons are expensive, and until you're an adult making your own money, you don't get to dictate on what your parents spend their hard earned cash.

ISAgirl 06-30-2010 10:59 AM

I saves up my pays and paid for my riding lessons. But then I lost my job but since I saved alot of money, I was paying for then still but now I'm running out.
Posted via Mobile Device

ISAgirl 06-30-2010 11:00 AM

Thankyou for your help though, your comments helped me see it more from their perspective :)
Posted via Mobile Device

StormyBlues 06-30-2010 01:13 PM

Maybe talk to the barn owner about working for lessons? I know that if I didn't work as hard as I do on my own farm, I wouldn't be showing or going to clinics like I do! Talk and see if you can clean some of your barn buddy's tack for some extra lesson cash too. I know there is always work to do in barns and on farms, so see what you can find!

Zeke 06-30-2010 01:22 PM

I had my parents literally give my mare that i absolutely loved away (to a family member, but they have since stopped talkig to us) after board and vet bills got too high. They followed that up by saying "sorry, but no second horse for you unless you can pay for everything" i was just 16.

Like others have said on here, riding is a privilege and for many people without horses once a week is the normal frequency of lessons. If you need more then that, find a way to make money and start saving for lessons.
Posted via Mobile Device