The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Ultimate Survival (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/ultimate-survival-58748/)

inaclick 07-02-2010 06:46 PM

Ultimate Survival

Not sure if you guys know that show. I keep stumbling on that guy no matter on what channel am I.
It's basically about some guy (athletic, a tad big nosed, fair complexion) who shows the viewers how to survive in the wild by eating various stuff they find, how to find their way back etc etc....

I generally avoid watching him because he seems to choose grossest stuff ever to eat, larva, bugs, alligators, whatever he can get. But I gave him credit thinking "hey who knows maybe there is nothing else to eat in those places"

But he had an episode in Romania. Where he was wondering around in our Carpathian mountains.
I assure you from personal experience that there's plenty of stuff to eat in our forest, really.
Mushrooms, all sorts of nuts and berries, rabbits, etc. We have a tempered climate.
But out of all possible edible stuff he chose to pick the already digested remains of some fruits from a ....bear's poo?!!

What the heck? Seriously. He could've just looked 3 meters left or right and would have seen a bush with same fruit, just not eaten digested and pood already.

Sometimes I think Discovery channel productions went crazy...

smrobs 07-02-2010 06:56 PM

http://www.fhmonline.com/Site/ImgCre..._bear_main.jpg

If that's the guy you are talking about, he is a complete fraud and a joke. Lots of his stuff is like a bad episode of fear factor.

ridergirl23 07-02-2010 06:56 PM

hahaha ya, I stopped watching shows like that, once I was watching one and the guy said 'i'm going to sleep in the tree to get away from jaguars, they can't reach me up there'
I almost died laughing, first of all, the tree was not very tall at all, secondly, a jaguar could JUMP onto his branch easily, and jaguars climb trees all the time. Lol I've heard them say some stupid stuff xD
Posted via Mobile Device

inaclick 07-02-2010 07:12 PM

YES that's the bear poo eating guy!!!

smrobs 07-02-2010 07:22 PM

Haha, here is a lovely little clip that shows him trying to tame a "wild" horse to ride back to civilization.

Ray MacDonald 07-02-2010 07:33 PM

Oh lord!! LOL Ive saw him before! yeah... total idiot.. very few horse trainers can train a horse that well to ride with a rope like that! It would take atleast a year not what? 20 minutes?

inaclick 07-03-2010 04:16 AM

That little movie was hillarious.

But...no idea if those are wild horses.
We have a small population of feral horsies in the Delta of Danube as well but they don't look that pretty really. Their manes and forelocks are much longer, and they definitely cannot be approached by a guy with a manufactured rope.

They're very elusive, all the herd gallops away at slightest try