The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rodeo (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/)
-   -   Are there no rodeo people here? (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/there-no-rodeo-people-here-58796/)

ChristianCowgirl 07-03-2010 03:44 PM

Are there no rodeo people here?

Wow. I expected to at least find a few threads here... My town has an annual rodeo that's coming up in a couple weeks. I love to attend, mostly because I love watching the horses. The competitors aren't professionals or anything... Ordinary cowboys and cowgirls who take a weekend for a fun event. I actually know a few of them. :) If it tells you anything about how small it is, one year my friend got permission to team rope with her draft horses just for fun. One of them had only been ridden once, and between the two riders, they only had one rope. It got a laugh from the audience though!

Tennessee 07-03-2010 03:50 PM

I'm a rodeo gal. :D There are quite on few on here, we just don't post that much on here.

Have fun at the rodeo!

Jillyann 07-03-2010 04:32 PM

I am a rodeo girl!!! I love attending, watching, and riding in them! There are a few around here in NY where I live. I go to all of them! =) They are professional rodeos so its really 'action packed' lol

There are fun shows around here every weekend and at least 3 shows during the week. I just posted a thread of some of my riding pictures this year...
http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pict...c-heavy-57452/

No one seems to be interested in the western stuff though on here. =/ Ohhhh well.

GraciesMom 07-03-2010 04:36 PM

Beginner in training for barrel racing :-) I'm going to the 4th of July rodeo in Marshfield, MO tomorrow night.

P.S. LOVE YOUR USERNAME!!

Eliz 07-03-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillyann (Post 679398)
No one seems to be interested in the western stuff though on here. =/ Ohhhh well.

There are more than you think!

As for the OP:
I don't go to rodeos much but I take my little neice & nephew to playdays on the horses alot. I need pictures :)

Tennessee 07-03-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillyann (Post 679398)

Well, the forum is predominantly English riders, but there are tons of Western riders on here.

We just need to speak up more!

ChristianCowgirl 07-03-2010 05:43 PM

I ride western but I'm not an expert so I mostly keep my mouth shut. I'd rather stay quiet than say something dumb and be corrected or confuse someone. I have asked a friend a few questions about stuff I read. She knows TONS about everything horse related. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Jillyann 07-03-2010 05:55 PM

I think the western-ers should speak up more then!! I try too, but I guess my posts/threads dont mean much! lol

MacabreMikolaj 07-03-2010 06:42 PM

^

I agree! I know we have tons of Western riders and yet it's the English ones that seem to be the gabbiest!

I'm not "technically" rodeo yet, but I absolutely adore them, I've been to a few and I plan on going to many more. I've ridden in numerous gymkhanas, and I plan to train Jynx for barrel racing.

Eliz 07-03-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj (Post 679514)
I've ridden in numerous gymkhanas, and I plan to train Jynx for barrel racing.

Awesome! Once my stud gets the snip I'm going to start him in barrels. :)
I may just ride him at playdays when I go with the kids because its more fun & laid back. I get aggrivated when those floppy riders kick kick kicking their horses no matter how fast their going. Ah well :roll: