The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Opinions Please! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/opinions-please-58800/)

Arksly 07-03-2010 03:41 PM

Opinions Please!

I am starting to look into getting a new horse because I'm pushing my current one as far as he can go.
Here's some info on me:
I'm 14
About 5'4
Around 140lbs
I've been riding for about 7 1/2 years.
I ride dressage
Looking to show around 1st or 2nd level
On my last horse we were working on FEI childrens movements.

I would like your critique on some of these horses I found.

Arksly 07-03-2010 03:48 PM

Chicka Dee Chip - Bay Quarter Horse for Sale in Valleyview, Alberta AB - FREE Ads
Tika - Bay Thoroughbred for Sale in Stettler, Alberta AB - FREE Ads
Blain Dapper Phaethon 10873 - Black Canadian for Sale in Red Deer, Alberta AB - FREE Ads
Sierra Lynn - Bay Mustang for Sale in Bassano, Alberta AB - FREE Ads

Note: I do know that I definitely wouldn't be able to go to the levels I want on our budget right away. But, I am willing as well as my trainer to teach a horse as long as it has some decent flat english work.

GraciesMom 07-03-2010 03:52 PM

I like the fact that the first one has been ridden by some younger people, and he is nice looking.
The second one looks really nice!
The third is really pretty, but the price is higher than the others, and she is a little spirited.
I can't say anything about the last one. She looks 'OK", but isn't my favorite at all.

If I had to pick one, I would pick the second one :-)

Arksly 07-03-2010 04:16 PM

I do like the second one as well but you never know! I liked the fact that it was just in a plain D ring snaffle. I went to try out this "calm" horse and they were using a twisted wire bit *shakes head

Lagartohorses 07-03-2010 04:53 PM

I agree...I would pick the second one. Understanding the budget situation myself...that one has the most bang for your buck!

Eliz 07-03-2010 06:20 PM

I like the third...
But the second if you don't want to pay that much :p

ridergirl23 07-03-2010 08:35 PM

i like the second, she has a face/eye that i like. and she looks nice.

MaggiStar 07-04-2010 08:26 AM

I wouldnt pick the mustang she is 14 and they only talk about her jumping so my guess is she has just done basic schooling level.
The bay thououghbred looks nice and promising as does the quarter horse