The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Posting in Jog trot?

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  KcFinancialBurn 
#1 ·
I have a question about the jog trot in WP.
I placed third in the last WP class I was in. After the class, someone came up to me and said I probably could have placed higher in the class if i didn't post during jog trot. when is it ok to post and when is it not ok to post?

#4 ·
I'm rather impressed that you placed at all posting the jog. Most judges either dismiss, don't place you, or put you last of the ribbons if the class and show are that small. I swapped to English to show because my horse at the time had a heinously rough trot, neigh impossible to sit, let alone look good doing it. :lol:

It's ok to post western to any variation of the trot schooling, trail riding, etc. (a true jog is much easier to get sitting; the rider's much more able to influence the gait from their seat sitting), but in any competition setting, no posting in a western saddle.

#12 ·
No, NEVER post the jog. You only post in English!!! If you post in western, you will get marked down BAD! I only post in a western saddle, at home when I'm asking him to extend. If they ask to extend at a show, YOU HAVE TO SIT!! I have a POA and she is the FASTEST trotter (shes a gamer) and I sit it, I might look werid, but I'm following the "rules"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.