The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/)
-   -   Showing (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/showing-59151/)

Miami 07-07-2010 05:54 PM

Showing

Who here shows? What breed, classes, etc. I do the all around ammy with a sorrel AQHA mare. We are working on the western riding, doing all right, getting the timing down is hard! And I love the horsemanship. What about you?

Eliz 07-07-2010 06:42 PM

I have a gelding that I'm going to take to the trainer for WP & I'm training him in halter. If he's not going to do well in WP I'll do reining with him :)
I do HUS with an arab mare & trail as well. She doesn't like WP because of the head set :p

sorelhorse 07-09-2010 09:17 PM

i have a aqha/apha/ptha sorrel gelding that i show in EVERYTHING! haha. literally

mariothepaint6 07-10-2010 12:59 AM

hi i show but am just starting like schooling but i will show b system and pinto once i starting going... right now i have a paint but need to reg him pinto.... i ride western and show western pleasure....

KcFinancialBurn 08-18-2010 09:59 AM

I show with my Paint gelding, KC Financial Burn. We show local shows and district/state shows. We have a couple 1sts under our belt oh yea and two high points. We show showmanship, HUS, equi, WP, WH and trail. I LOVE SHOWING every weekend!!!!

StylishK 08-18-2010 11:15 AM

I have a yearling QH gelding by Lazy Loper. He'll be an AQHA + NSBA futurity horse.

His brother was just 5th at the Reichert in the $250,000 Challenge (it was a maiden class) His brother is by Open Range out of the same mare.

This is the best horse we've owned he's going to be a downtown kind of WP horse. Next year we're not 100% sure obviously, but we're thinking Reichert or NSBA World, and then QH Congress and maybe the AQHA World in the pleasure.

One day he'll be finished in all the events. Halter, SMS, HUS, WP, HMS, EQ, Trail, WR, maybe pleasure driving and hunter hack but those will be the last two events put on him.

I think he's going to excel in Pleasure and Western Riding though and he should be pretty good in all the other events =D

Smilie 10-04-2010 11:51 AM

Wow, stylish, sounds like you have a great prospect there!
I show regional ApHC all around on my mare, and also go to local all breed shows
Trial ride quite a bit in the mountains also
When I was younger, I showed reining and western riding and some cattle classes
I switched to western pl in my 'old age'. My mare has ROMs in halter, hunter In hand, HUS western pl. and trail, plus her ApHC championship
I had double knee replacements last Nov, so am happy that I was able to show this year

nrhareiner 10-04-2010 01:13 PM

I show NRHA and NRCHA some AQHA. When and if I show in AQHA and have young horses I take them with me and show halter.

myponygizmo 10-09-2010 09:49 AM

Just Google local shows and it will like show you a show like every weekend like Quarter Horse Congress is going o right now!!:0

PintoBean 10-09-2010 10:32 AM

I have a 12 year old quarter horse, Tes Bold Arrival. We show western, hunter under saddle, showmanship, trail and are currently working on learning dressage! We show 4-H and open shows.